Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

Simon

Well, Galvatron was a lame version of Megatron.

Starscream will only stab us in the back, which is what establishment does to us  anyway.

I would go with Soundwave, but he was too badass loyal to Megatron, so he wouldn't want the job.  (volunteering himself in movie, notwithstanding)

I'm voting for Unicron, then, he'll put us out of our misery.  It's the best we can hope for.

ANyhow, when is the Dems convention. I need to know how much time I have to recover before I have to go through eye-roll fatigue, again.

Is it Just me, or do the conventions seem like glorified pep rallies among rival high schools who really hate each other?

A. Next week, I believe. No rest for the weary.

B. No, it's not just you. (And I'm a high school teacher, so I know whereof I speak.)

In addition to the push for 15, the LP and Green parties are involved in a lawsuit against the presidential debate commission. The current rules are claimed to violate anti-trust laws by establishing an entrance criteria too extreme to be managed. The LP ticket has national ballot access and could not only get enough votes but achieve an electoral college victory. Despite this, they are not given automatic access. Here is a quick article from Reason about this: Article

Soar. 

Donald Trump has just ended his speech. It was competently delivered. I think it struck all the needed points it needed to to win his crowd at first glance. I look forward to seeing how Secretary Clinton responds to it next week. As a special nod, I think his daughter's introduction was very well done both in terms of notes hit and presentation. 

Soar. 

He can promise whatever he wants, if he's just going to hand the job over to Pence if he wins anyway.

Did he have any interest in being the most powerful vice president in history?

When Kasich’s adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of?

“Making America great again” was the casual reply.

It must have been a slow night.  I woke up to Facebook and the general media wanting me to be outraged because Laura Ingraham supposedly gave a Nazi salute if you stop the video at the exact half second.  :rolleyes:

Yeesh, we could do that with nearly every single wave to the crowd a politician gives, and they wave a lot.

They need to quit their jobs, and be willingly tarred and feathered in shame.

Note: I have to admit when I think about the media, I actually gain respect for politicians.  :shock:

I think Trump stopped being "funny" tonight. For those who disagree with his vision, this became serious as a heart attack.

Just because he's openly undermining NATO?

The sieg-heils above are examples of terrible gotcha journalism.  If you want to make these people look bad, all you have to do is report what they say into the microphone.

Quick convention recap:

A VP pick was announced after Trump realized he couldn't renege.

Opened with a chaotic voice-only "vote" to shut out #NeverTrump.

Delegates from a couple of states walked out.

KKK and WBC throwing urine at each other outside the convention hall.

Multiple examples of plagiarism.

Campaign completely fumbled handling of the plagiarism "crisis".

Speech plagiarist finally found.  She is an employee of the Trump corporation, not of the campaign, so if she really did write the speech, several campaign laws have been violated.

No one of consequence is actually willing to speak at the convention.

Cruz not only didn't endorse Trump, he admitted afterward that the personal animosity between them is very strong--so why did the Trump campaign give him a mike?

Trump openly questions NATO, emboldening its enemies.

Did I forget anything?