Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

Simon

Hillary did her level best.  She didn't run a perfect campaign, but nobody ever does.  She won the popular vote, despite interference from a foreign power, and a press that knowingly allowed itself to be a giant mouthpiece for the Kremlin.  Hillary can sleep with a clear conscious.  None of this is her fault.

I read an article a few weeks back where they interviewed 10 Trump supporters about their views of the whole immigrant child separation thing.  The overwhelming view was that it was the immigrant parents' fault for bringing their children here, when they knew they were coming in illegally and could get arrested.

My thought about that was, "So, what you're saying is that the parents should have abandoned their kids when they ran off to a better life?  Leave their kids to the murderers, rapists, etc. and just save themselves?  My, what fine parents you must be!"

2 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

My thought about that was, "So, what you're saying is that the parents should have abandoned their kids when they ran off to a better life?  Leave their kids to the murderers, rapists, etc. and just save themselves?  My, what fine parents you must be!"

I strongly suspect that they would say "no, just don't come at all. Then you don't put pressure on my job security and your children keep you."

I'm not saying I don't empathize with people fleeing abuse, gang violence, and poor economies. I'm just saying we should be honest about what conservatives want.

And really, Liberals could have fixed this by legislating for a greater burden on employers to use eVerify and other existing tools. That would have greatly curbed the drive to come here for a better life (because it wouldn't work) and wouldn't require prosecuting so many poor refugees (just employers).

19 minutes ago, Sociotard said:

And really, Liberals could have fixed this by legislating for a greater burden on employers to use eVerify and other existing tools. That would have greatly curbed the drive to come here for a better life (because it wouldn't work) and wouldn't require prosecuting so many poor refugees (just employers).

How about we end the shitty "War on Drugs" and various other imperialist-lite policies which help destabilize our neighbors to the south?

26 minutes ago, Ragitsu said:

I want anyone and everyone left-leaning that isn't part of the dishonestly titled "Pro-Life" movement (actually "Anti-Choice") to take "Pro-Life" folks to task whenever these supposedly moral individuals support the vile actions of I.C.E.

The racist origins of 'pro-life' abortion movement they never talk about

There’s a reason why the pro-life advocates and #alllivesmatter crowd has been

silent at best about the mistreatment of children at the border at the hands of the administration. They’re not the members of a human rights movement; it’s just what they say to convince clueless white people. The pro-life movement is white nationalist campaign that will use any messaging or backward logic necessary to achieve their genocidal goals.