Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

Simon

16 hours ago, Grailknight said:

Then he stated that he doesn't think people should be allowed to hold protests. WT Holy F?!?! It's almost like he didn't pay attention when he took the oath of office to that  part where he has to protect the Constitution and that First Amendment thing. Like they only apply to the people on his side.

That's hardly unique to Trump. It's lamentably common in the US for elected officials to seem ignorant of the Constitution, especially of the Bill of Rights.

Lucius Alexander

I have the right to a palindromedary tagline, even if that's not in the constitution.

On 9/5/2018 at 9:19 PM, archer said:

I think it's a dumb idea for Nike to be affiliated with him in particular since that one affiliation is alienating large part of their customer base. 

Not trying to be antagonistic but, based on what?  IMO the Burn Nike protests are car alarms in the parking lot of life...massively more noisy than numbers say they should be.  Trump doesn't like it?  Considering his current ratings, there's no better support you can ask for than his condemnation.

NFL Live today was also saying that the ad is strongly resonating with younger demographics...which isn't surprising.  So ok, maybe there's some short-term loss, but long-term, this is expected to be highly successful.

7 hours ago, Grailknight said:

He already doesn't have to play again. He's made over 10 million just from football and who knows how much from endorsements. As long as he doesn't waste it he's set for life.

I haven't thought about it like that, but you're right. His lawsuit is going to chew some of that up unless he wins.

CES

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

Personally, I support this completely, so long as there's PLENTY of advanced discussion, as it appears there will be.  Yeah, some kids will have problems but that in itself isn't sufficient reason to shut down the exercise.  To me that's a head-in-the-sand argument.  

2 hours ago, Old Man said:

So, Stormy Daniels has finally published a graphic description of Donald Trump's genitalia.  I am not going to link it here; seek it out at your own peril.  It's... unusual.

I will never look at Mario Kart, or Toad, the same way again.  And the word "yeti" will now make me shudder and convulse involuntarily.

1 minute ago, megaplayboy said:

Hide contents

I will never look at Mario Kart, or Toad, the same way again.  And the word "yeti" will now make me shudder and convulse involuntarily.

Having gone and looked out of morbid curiosity, I find myself wondering

about Ms. Daniels' encounters with Yeti.

Lucius Alexander

the palindromedary of course has no such parts at all.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:05 AM, csyphrett said:

If Kalpernick wins his lawsuit, he might never have to play football again. He's heading to trial at the edge of discovery. All he has to prove is that  the team owners got together to say they didn't want him to play for their teams.

CES

Even if I had no other reason, I am leery of him winning that.  I fear, it'll give every clubhouse cancer who gets cut when their conduct finally becomes too much, the go ahead to sue their league.