Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

Simon

Plane with 5 passengers on board: Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, Angela Merkel, The Pope and a 10-year-old schoolboy. The plane is about to crash and there are only 4 parachutes.

Trump says I need one: “I’m the smartest man in the USA and am needed to make America great again.” Takes one and jumps.

Johnson says, ‘I’m needed to sort out Britain’. He takes one and jumps.

The Pope says, ‘I need one as the world needs the Catholic Church.’ He takes one and jumps.

Angela says to the ten year old: “You can have the last parachute. I’ve lived my life, yours is only just starting.”

The 10-year-old replies: “Don’t worry, there are 2 parachutes left. The smartest man in the USA took my school bag.”

3 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

I've read and heard many predictions over the years that in capitalist societies, human lives would one day be openly weighed against corporate profits. We're getting a lot closer to that day. :(

2 hours ago, Old Man said:

What?  That's been going on since private health insurance was invented.  Pay attention!  :)

But the elites have in the past been smart enough and careful enough not to say it out loud. It appears that under the great and profound wisdom of the Very Stable Genius, they're getting cockier, or stupider, or both.

1 hour ago, Lord Liaden said:

But the elites have in the past been smart enough and careful enough not to say it out loud. It appears that under the great and profound wisdom of the Very Stable Genius, they're getting cockier, or stupider, or both.

No, it's because they've won, and no longer have to fear any consequences.

3 hours ago, Old Man said:

By the way, the Senate GOP also included a provision in the now-dead bailout bill to... defund Social Security.  Surprise!

Do you have a source on that? I believe you, sadly I fully believe them capable of it, but I have idiot relatives and some source would be nice in maybe shudding em up

Remember when Assault and I were talking about Rand Paul and his efforts to stop the government from doing the minimal amount of help that it does now. Guess who tested positive for C-19. At least he can afford to stay home and not give it to anyone else other than his family and staff

CES   

3 hours ago, Old Man said:

No, it's because they've won, and no longer have to fear any consequences.

When they actually believe that, is when they'll have lost. When they no longer bother to hide their greed and venality, they'll be forcibly reminded they have no power but what the rest of us give them.