Concept from idea to full art from Storn year 13

death tribble

Dunno if this is allowed, but I want to add something about the "vision" I have for the hullahoop villainess :)

I imagine her in movement, launching a kind of colorful blast from the hoop (or hoops maybe ? )

Opale, suffocating from allergies at night 

How about orchid mantis themed power armor?

I do love the colours of the orchid Mantis. So the idea is valid.

Dunno if this is allowed, but I want to add something about the "vision" I have for the hullahoop villainess :)

I imagine her in movement, launching a kind of colorful blast from the hoop (or hoops maybe ? )

Opale, suffocating from allergies at night 

One of the commissions that Storn did for me was based on Crazy Quilt, a foe of Robin the boy wonder in Barman. The villainess had a full body covering white costume with hoops of different colours around her arms and legs which she launches at her victims. so on the grounds it is similar to this it might be cut short.

Is there anything we can do to enhance our chances of being selected?  For instance, I did not give any details to what the character looks like in my submission... and If I edit the character do I do it as a new submission or within that original post?

Leaving aside outlandish bribery there is no way to guarantee to be selected. The look is very important so a good description helps as it helps at least one of us visualise it. Note I say one as I could not get the idea behind the first winner in 2004.

The user Crackerjack specified that the character be in motion and that they had flat force fields. Now I thought horizontal but Storn got it and did them as vertical and like mobile shields.

Other ideas have been simple. Enforcer84 won with an Ice Brick. He also won with his character Enkidu which Storn liked.

One winner was a merging of armour and country flag outside America giving Kenya a battlesuit.

I had a winner with Captain Gorilla merging Adam Strange with a police gorilla.

Here are the winners from 2008 to 2014 in descending order. And yes I scoured Storn's thread for them.

Next up is Endiku, a sumerian “monster” guy done up as more Hulk superhero-y mode.
EnkiduF72_zpsaa1bf6e7.jpg

This was the winner of the concept thread this year and comes from enforcer84

Zebra was kinda interesting, because the description pushed him towards "Brick" archetype instead of the speedster like archetype. I love going against type. Check 'em out! this is for The Arc

Zebra72_zps0f392dff.jpg

First up, another oddball concept from Death Tribble. This time I was the one who pushed for doing the head inside the chest...originally, it was supposed to be a helmet with water/fluid suspending the disembodied head. I wanted to push the concept just a tad further and this is what I came up with...
ArmorAqua72_zps07dced54.jpg

The 2011 winner;

ArdelTeg72.jpg

Next we have one of Death Tribble's contest entries, Acylla. I am always excited to tackle a "national" hero that seems to be a bit out of the norm. She is Peruvian and it was fun doing the research to put this one together. This was for Lord Liaden

Acylla72.jpg

And this was from Death Tribble's "what should storn draw next" thread over on Hero games. I've always had a soft spot for Adam Strange (who is such an ode to Buck Rogers)... and a chance to do Captain Gorilla of the Star Patrol was waay too much fun to do.

CapGorilla72.jpg

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Death Tribble and I discussed "Flag" characters, perhaps combining it with Power Armor Suit characters and how many countries never really got represented in comics. DT worked up a list of 15 countries, I took a look at their flags. This came fro Log Man and Enforcer84

I settled on Kenya... liked the iconic Masai shield quite a bit and worked that into a power armor design. The other discussion that was happening on a few boards was females and power armor... how to do it, make it look practical, (in a paranormal sense and setting), yet still register as a female under all that muscle weave and servos. So I wove that element in as well... so here we have a female Power Armor suit from Kenya. Hope y'all like.

ArmourKF.jpg

From the Create Villain thread, these are all my ideas

Eager Beaver a giant man sized beaver  from Tartarus's Ten.

Diabolicus from the Supervillain Army a giant (10 foot) demon red in colour, broad of shoulder and with horns. Something akin to Tim Curry in Legend.

Visgoth. A figure in red armour.

1-800-Zombies. The duplicator who becomes a zombie horde.

The Colonel from The Rogues Battalion

Bald Eagle. A villain who was once a hero. Winged and has claws for feet.

Introducing the master of Weapons---The WEAPONEER!

Ray Davison is the youngest of the Davison family of heroes,along with his brothers he was trained in the PRIMUS Academy program 

before it was shut down due to infiltration by VIPER.

Always ready with a new weapon or armor for the Iron Guard,he created the Teach-Knight Armor for testing

by his brother and the containment suit that his brother Micheal currently wears as NEON the Living Laser.

When it came to creating his own super identity however, he immediately gathered together all

the weapons that he made into a suit of weapons/armor modules that he can put together into any combination weapon  he  can imagine, which comes in handy when battling bad guys as a Silver  Avenger and the superhero that people of Med City called  THE WEAPONEER!

The Weaponeer is a Gadget/Weapon master amalgamation with a lot of magic thrown in  due to the fact that he has nanotechnology in his suit  and nano-symbiotes in his body.

Think of him as a combo of Marvel's Wolverine and Valiant's Bloodshot with a bit of Dr Strange for good measure.

Personality:Inscrutable with a little attitude to his brothers but some fatherly respect for his nieces and nephews,Rey is often an paradox of personalities.

In battle however he stretagizes like a chess master in a match,making up moves on the fly and targeting his opponents,taking them out in a flash.

Powers/Tatics: The Weaponeer is a living breathing Philosophers' stone with the ability to create weapons or convert base into precious metals with just 

a thought.but his most powerful weapon is his weapons belt which has many components [Think of it as the ultimate utility belt] that create his many weapons.

He Also uses his nano toolbox to create super vehicles from ordinary vehicles or junked machines,which comes in handy when you have a wrecked vehicle.

the following powers come from his weapons below:

Force Field: Reflect any energy blast or slug thrown at him It changes frequency from the energy used against him.

Apmpli-Phaser : Absorbs energy,redirects it at thousand times it's output at the enemy.

Black Hole Beam: Shuts down any power from weapons or superpower and eats away at its source.

AG Field: it enables him to fly at sonic speeds or pin a foe to the ground.

Nano-Darts:  Fires from gauntlet and KO's anyone within shooting range

That's all the powers I can think of.

Appearance : Rey is a handsome ,muscular afro-american male  with curly black hair and light brown eyes and a 5'7 build who wears the latest fashions from Men's Warehouse. His Weaponeer outfit is a yellow chaser and visored helmet over his Silver Avenger uniform.