"Possessing All the Superpowers of a Figure Skater"

Scott Anderson

I'm thinking of a Golden Age-style supervillain with the dubious power of spinning around at a pedestrian 120 RPM. Super-speed powers are straight out.  So are the powers of The Top and the Human Top, not to mention Whirlwind's.

So far, I have come up with

360 Degree Vision, Costs END (-1/2)

Defense Maneuver IV, Costs END (-1/2), Linked to 360 Degree Vision (-1/2) and 

25 pts Power Defense, Only to Counteract Adjustment Powers with the Special Effect of Spinning the Target (-1 1/2).

There's probably something I could do with "gyroscopic balance"... a high Breakfall roll with Costs END and Linked?  Maybe something with added dice with Move-By.  Probably an Environmental Movement or two, Costs END.

What other super (?) powers could such a villain possess?

Vertigo Spin: Grab your opponent and spin. A no range Blast, AVLD (NND - Life Support: Immunity To Vertigo), Limited Power (Must Follow Grab Manuver).

I also recomend watching the two part Ranma 1/2 episode with the Golden Pair. You can get such manuvers as The Dance Of Death (area if effect hand to hand attack, autofire), and the Goodbuy Whirl (+STR, only for throwing distance, must follow grab).

Vertigo Spin: Grab your opponent and spin. A no range Blast, AVLD (NND - Life Support: Immunity To Vertigo), Limited Power (Must Follow Grab Manuver).

It is recomended to also have Life Support: Immunity to Vertigo (recomended 2 cp), cause figure skaters spin fast and a lot.

I don't know the referenced characters, so is autofire on STR at the 2-3 level excessive? Maybe just some +HA to simulate it?

Levels with block / deflection?

Images at 2 frames per second? 

Flash defense (sight) on an activation roll?

Mental Defense, mind is always spinning?

I thought about making a sort-of speedster/martial artist hybrid using a (hover)board or skates.

Kinda like She-Hulk in this episode of Agents of Smash:

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/hulk-and-the-agents-of-s-m-a-s-h-season-2-episode-18-wheels-of-fury

What you have there sounds like a more limited version of this, but with the skates as extra weapons.

Well,

Knockback resistance:  Every now and again in paired skating one skater leaps in to the arms of another.  Not sure, but given that they're on ice, being able to stay in one place is probably reasonable interpretation of the talent.

Rapid acceleration on skating.  Improved turn radius

Teamwork for paired skaters

Environmental movement;  ice

Analyze skating and judging 

Combat skill levels with "Fastball special" to represent tossing their partner around.

I'm thinking of a Golden Age-style supervillain with the dubious power of spinning around at a pedestrian 120 RPM. Super-speed powers are straight out.  So are the powers of The Top and the Human Top, not to mention Whirlwind's.

So far, I have come up with

360 Degree Vision, Costs END (-1/2)

Defense Maneuver IV, Costs END (-1/2), Linked to 360 Degree Vision (-1/2) and 

25 pts Power Defense, Only to Counteract Adjustment Powers with the Special Effect of Spinning the Target (-1 1/2).

There's probably something I could do with "gyroscopic balance"... a high Breakfall roll with Costs END and Linked?  Maybe something with added dice with Move-By.  Probably an Environmental Movement or two, Costs END.

What other super (?) powers could such a villain possess?

Immediate thoughts:

• Rapid Sight would be very useful for a world spinning by like that.
  • LS: Motion Sickness Immunity
  • +1 DCV when Spinning (maybe +2)
  • Momentum: +10 STR, only for throwing distance, extra phase

I'm not sure I understand the Power Def there. What kind of attack would that counter?