Double Header

Scott Anderson

Off the top of my head, I would probably take a look at some the options from the Duplication rules. I wouldn't recommend actually using Duplication as this sounds like a case of a permanent change similar to a size template for a larger or smaller character. I wonder if there is a 2 headed giant example in one of the creature books?

HM

LS: can remain awake (one head at a time) at all times; can drink and breathe at the same time (good for drinking contests amongst other things)

Psych Lim: Argues with self.

Complication: requires two pairs of peril-sensitive sunglasses for proper effect.

Off the top of my heads...

• Some form of mental defense as a split consciousness will be harder to affect.
  • Bonus to hearing perception.
  • Faster recovery if only one head needs to wake up to get moving. The other head may even be able to rest on purpose at some points reducing need for sleep. Perhaps the lightsleep talent?
  • Danger sense as one head stays on the lookout. Perhaps Defense Maneuver.
  • Certain skills could be easier, such as
    • Combat Driving, Deduction, Autofire skills, Cramming, Two-Weapon Fighting
    • Likewise, there may be penalties on opinion based skills like any art or Inventor
    • It would be interesting to see only one head knowing certain skills, especially Languages
  • Ambidexterity
  • Thinking really outside of the box here ... Multiform. A slightly different form depending on which head is in charge.

Either a Duplicatin with no recombination, 5E has multiple examples of exactly this, or a kludge of related powers. Consider buying extra SPD with limitation "cannot be used for movement", to represent a character that can direct attacks separately or each head can use their joint powers. Or, PSLs for Sweep to accomplish the same thing. 

Duplication has a specific case for stuff like the "Multiple head hydra". Look up the sidebars for it in 6E1.

However the Hydra has some decent game affectng ability per head.

It really depends how important that part is and how much effect you want it too have.

On the simple end:

Reasoning/special effect for a bunch of powers and limitations.

Look for the effects having a "Speedster brain" could have on Skills.

Most natural limitations of the human form can be circumvented - even sharks developed the ability to only sleep with half a brain.

More Complex end:

Computer (the 2nd head is effectively another mind, stuck to the same body and with no special ability to influence the physical world).

Duplication

Multiform

How nuts you want to go today?

I like the two-headed Ogres in World of Warcraft, that are always arguing with each other.  One is smarter than the other one.

One of the Character is Heroes of the Strom (thier take on Moba's) is Cho'Gall. It is a character for two players:
One player per head. The first player controls the movement. The 2nd controls powerfull offensive spells.

• 7 months later...

Sounds ike an opportunity to use Autofire: 1-2 Attacks (+¼) on really crazy aspects.

PRE Attack Autofire because TWO heads shout at you?

INT-based Skills Autofire: If the less stupid head doesn't get it, the second one will never. But if the first one finds out, the second one might improve the result.

Can I autofire my martial arts?

I have Maus, the giant two-headed mouse, as a member of Vermin.  He's (they're?) basically a brick.  The only real benefits I gave him from having two heads are:

Two Heads are Better than One:  Mental Defense 10 points

Two Heads are Still Better than One:  +2 to All PER

Did I Mention That Two Heads are Better than One?: Increased Arc on Sight Group (240 degrees)

Plus Rapid Attack (HtH Only; -1) and 6 CSLs in HtH combat, to represent his ability to multitask.

And yes, personality-wise he's like Pinky and the Brain.  One head is definitely smarter than the other.

Though I'm now tempted to replace the Mental Defense with 50% Mental Damage Reduction, Not vs. AoE Mental Attacks (-1/4).

post-752-0-47673500-1486207411_thumb.jpg

I do think using Duplication for a two-headed being really only applies if attacks come from the heads, and not from the body.  Eye beams, bite, breath weapons, sonic shouts, mental attacks - yeah, use Duplication if you want.  But if the character is, say, punching or clawing or using guns - I don't see how two heads necessarily means your one body can punch twice as many times.