Differing Modifiers and Necromancers

Jkeown

So... doing a new worlds-spanning Bad Guy organization for all of my homebrew settings. They take the limbs of undead horrors (or craft "fresh" ones) and add them to the living (sometimes with their permission, often without). I've decided Differing Modifiers are the way to go for this Ritual Weirdness. Attached, please find my initial notes on the matter. Let me know, if you would, if I'm employing DM properly. Maledictors.pdf

Creating abilities that use Differing Modifiers in Hero Designer is a bit of a kludge in that it requires the use of the existing Naked Advantage construct without really providing an actual 'container' for the entire build.  The "List" feature can be used but it then precludes putting the final build within a true Framework (Multipwer or VPP) since the "List" is already considered a mini-framework as far as Hero Designer is concerned. What this all means is that Hero Designer is great for determining the costs of all 3 separate parts of an ability that uses Differing Modifiers (part 1 - what the final ability granted actually does including distinct Limitations.  part 2 - the Usable By Other Advantage built via Naked Advantage.  part 3 - the Limitations that only affect the 'caster' of the ability.) but it doesn't help very much with creating a 'single ability build' that easily fits in a Framework.  For that, I would consider creating a Custom Power with all of the build detail in the NOTES field so the whole thing would still fit inside of a Multipower or VPP.

With regard to your actual example build, it seems to be providing a permanent effect that doesn't quite match the described special effect.  I think you need to define the separate limitations of the granted necro-limb (like how long does it last, how can it be 'dispelled', etc..).

I haven't looked at Differing Modifiers in quite some time but this old thread might provide some useful insight on how to build this in Hero Designer:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/topic/89161-fantasy-hero-enchantment-sword-fire-how-do-i-build/

:)

HM