Fantasy Hero Complete Completeness Question

Pattern Ghost

Fantasy Hero Complete is on sale (edit, I guess it's always ten bucks? that's a pretty good deal!) at DriveThruRPG, and I'm thinking of getting it. However, I've seen multiple mentions that some stuff that isn't needed for the genre isn't included. This is fine. I'm just wondering which stuff, specifically?

Fantasy Hero Complete is on sale (edit, I guess it's always ten bucks? that's a pretty good deal!) at DriveThruRPG, and I'm thinking of getting it. However, I've seen multiple mentions that some stuff that isn't needed for the genre isn't included. This is fine. I'm just wondering which stuff, specifically?

Skills, Perks and Talents that were only worthwhile in a Technological Setting were removed. Which really means that three skills were removed (Computer Programing, Electronics, Systems Operation).

Perks: No Computer Link

Talents are similar to Champions Complete, but have additional Fantasy Flavored ones that appeared in 6e FH first.

So really really close.

PS remember that the Hard Copy comes with the PDF for the same price.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantasy HERO Complete doesn't include the Autofire skills which Champions Complete does. Instead they included several new talents (some of which are a little iffy on their legality as power constructs). Neither book includes the Wind Effects table.

In addition the vehicles section contains vehicles relevant to fantasy, and the weapons section contains more standard fantasy weapons, and no modern ones.

Otherwise I feel the layout and pagination of FHC is better, and the tables and text are easier to read. 

I had forgotten about this earlier but... both CC and FHC include the Passing Strike maneuver (from Ultimate Martial Artist I think)

Fantasy HERO Complete also includes the Flail, Set Versus Charge, Shield Wall, and Unhorse optional maneuvers from Fantasy HERO, and the Basic Shot, Defensive Shot, Distance Shot, Far Shot, Offensive Shot, Quick Shot, Ranged Disarm, and Trip ranged martial maneuvers from the Ultimate Martial Artist (I think that is where they came from anyway... I forget). None of which were included in Champions Complete.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantasy Hero Complete is more concise than the massive Hero 6E1/6E2 set. Obviously. I read it and thought that it is a nice field manual while the main set is great for the library and if I need to get some sort clarification that the FHC couldn't provide. While I could not gauge it's completeness on a percentage scale, it is complete enough that I would not need either of the main books to run a full campaign. The Fantasy Hero genre book goes into much more detail regarding the genre as a whole, which is not unexpected. It has a decent, if smallish, bestiary. Honestly, one of my favorite Hero purchases for quickly assembling and running a game.

My one and only gripe about it is the lack of a setting. This was, in part, remedied for the Kickstarter contributors with an extra downloadable bit with an...okay sample setting. Certainly nothing to write home about, IMO. The overall presentation is still more of the "toolkit" philosophy than as a game unto itself. Sort of a letdown, but I understand that space constraints played a part in that decision.