How would you do this?

Wardsman

When you buy the END Reserve, and buy the REC of the END Reserve, but a Lkmitation on the REC of "Costs END" and specify it costs from the personal END. Maybe add "Extra END" too. The END in the END Reserve should also have "Costs END" but "Only to start" not as an ongoing cost.

Now it draws END from the personal END score to fill it initially, and then draws more END from the personal END score to refill it.

Lucius Alexander

When you see the palindromedary tagline you know you are at the END

When you buy the END Reserve, and buy the REC of the END Reserve, but a Lkmitation on the REC of "Costs END" and specify it costs from the personal END. Maybe add "Extra END" too. The END in the END Reserve should also have "Costs END" but "Only to start" not as an ongoing cost.

Now it draws END from the personal END score to fill it initially, and then draws more END from the personal END score to refill it.

Lucius Alexander

When you see the palindromedary tagline you know you are at the END

Yeah. Its a little convoluted but it works. Recovery costs are 2/1, so 5 Rec is 10 active points. So if you place Cost Endurance limitation, then times 5 End limitation, that will be a 1/1 endurance Transfer using the recovery stat of the endurance reserve.

Yeah. Been looking at GURPS Power and Mana Stones.
Compared to them our END Reserves are cheap.

On a related note:
I also have an interesting idea for my urban fantasy idea.
As you may or may not know, I have been working on a system where every initiated will worker (arcane) takes on a package  with disads. The act of becoming a mage changes you, puts you across a line marking you different from the rest of humanity.
But I've been struggling the initiation rite.

Power Stones are one option. I like magic costing the mage personal endurance or mana and this kind of runs against it. 
But the idea is to work magick you need to draw power from a consecrated "Mana reserve"( END Reserve).

That is the key to the initiation ritual. To become initiated in your chosen path, you must create your paths verion of an END Reserve. It can be a talisman or a casting circle.

Create END Reserve, Requires ego roll (act of will) must have various KS and PS related to your chosen path(Must know what you are doing for your chosen path), Probably extra cost of LTE. Of course whatever focus levels you need plus ceremonial limitations that you want.

You can be an occult expert for years. But all those rituals and grimoires won't work until you cross over to magery by creating a powerstone.

Instead of a End Reserve that the Caster must also use personal Endurance for. You could do an Extra Endurance. "only when Caster is not holding their Powerstone". The idea being that most of the "Endurance" comes from the Stone, When the caster doesn't have the stone she can still cast spells, but she must use her own personal power to do so (ie the extra endurance). This would be a way to do things if the Stones usually have a ton of mana and that the mages are the ones that tend to tire.

20 Firebolt:  Blast 6d6 (30 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x4 END; Only In Certain Circumstances Uncommon; Only when Caster is not holding their Powerstone; -1/2)

Nods. The original question was about  how to build a stone that the mage must fill on creation.

My second part was an Idea I wa mulling over that was related.

I'll  think about your suggestion . Because part of my brain likes mana based on EGO & INT.

Maybe REC is a more advanced option and they must fill it with mana at first. 

I don't know about that.

Problem is Reserve END is already so damn cheap I hate to put a limitation that reflects it must be filled by an outside source on something that already costs 1 per 10.

The solution presented would require uncontrolled advantage. How does one turn off a power/mana stone?

What makes you say that?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary buys a Naked Uncontrolled Advantage with No Conscious Control

What makes you say that?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary buys a Naked Uncontrolled Advantage with No Conscious Control

Taking a no end power(persistent) and applying cost endurance makes it a constant power under 5 edition rules.

That requires some way to allow the caster not have to monitor it. Uncontrolled seems to be the best as persistent requires no end cost.

Taking a no end power(persistent) and applying cost endurance makes it a constant power under 5 edition rules.

That requires some way to allow the caster not have to monitor it. Uncontrolled seems to be the best as persistent requires no end cost.

Why does it require some way to allow the caster not to have to monitor it?

Lucius Alexander

Monitoring a palindromedary

• 11 months later...

If you create a powerstone do you want it taking up a slot or your attention?

Per page 69 of 5th edition. Caster must maintain line of the power of constant powers. Hence uncontrolled.

I think I see the confusion.

The powerstone has two parts.

There is the actual END, and the REC.

The REC is defined as costing END. It doesn't need Uncontrolled unless for some reason you want to be able to dump more END into it than it can readily absorb and let it absorb the extra over time.

The END doesn't need Uncontrolled because it doesn't cost END in the first place.

Lucius Alexander

When you reach the palindromedary tagline, you have come to the END of the post