STAR TREK: Discovery

wcw43921

So who at the Network thought that having uniforms that reminded people of the worst Star Trek show was a good idea?

Yep....I can't help it but all I saw was a lot of explosions and the Klingons just look all glittery instead of warrior-like. Klingons, all the versions, were my favorite Trek race and these just don't say Klingon. And I don't know about you, but when Greywind's trailer link above ended it went directly to an extended Netflix trailer, or in other words a big old "F-You America" since we will not be seeing it without the pay-wall.

The entire premise to me has seemed to be a do-over or continuation of Enterprise.  I think someone really believes in the idea that we want a pre TOS series... and that's understandable to a point: TOS and TNG were always referring to very cool sounding things that happened in that time frame so there are stories to tell.

I hope they've figured out why Enterprise failed (inconsistent writing, cripplingly bad season arcs - the temporal cold war was just a BAD idea, in my opinion). 

I hope they've figured out why Enterprise failed (inconsistent writing, cripplingly bad season arcs - the temporal cold war was just a BAD idea, in my opinion).

Agreed. When Enterprise was telling stories about the foundation of the Federation it was quite good imo. When it was the Andorians and the Vulcans who were the bad guys. But every new alien we'd never heard of before? That dragged it down and the Time travel stuff was the worst :P

I think Enterprise used the temporal cold war as an excuse so they wouldn't have to adhere to canon . Of course that flopped as they didn't adhere even when the time screwups wouldn't explain it.

I did like the Andorians though.

And we missed out on the Romulan War which would have been a good way of saying there is a need for the Federation as a mutual defense organization.

loQ Pony, loQ Pony

ahh, ahh, ahh, ahhh.

choS Sparkle

(loQ Pony)

DanoHmeH jIH laH, qatlh nuq Qu' SIv

(loQ Pony)

until SoH magic SoH Hoch HItlhej

rainbow Dash

tIn adventure

pinkie chab

fun tons

rarity

tIq 'IH

applejack

matlh 'ej HoS

fluttershy

wIHHa'wI' maywI' SoH!

choS Sparkle

feat ngeD

'ej 'oH magic Hoch naQmoH wanI'mey

loQ ponies Daghaj

youre DaSov'a' Hoch SoHvaD maqoch?

Dear Mother of God.....did he actually translate that into Klingon!?!? Please somebody tell me that it's just gibberish. PLEASE!!!!

The funny thing is there is another Trek series being developed.

So maybe they're planning on having two series. DS9 ran concurrently with TNG and later with VOY.

And it might make sense, since streaming series like this typically have only 10-13 episodes in a season. You run one in the fall and the other in the winter/spring.