Hey Cancer, quit trying to destroy the universe!

Is it professor coffee time yet?

Campus coffee bar opens in half an hour.

And the Scarbutt's across the street from campus is closed and being remodeled. Sign outside used to say it'd be open by 15 August. Now it just says "soon".

Grumble.

Trick question.

I ask because I had that professor.  Calculus II at 730am.  Me and half a dozen other hungover students, and Mr. Chipper would literally walk in with his coffee pot.  He would drink that entire pot over the course of the lecture, in between scolding us for not participating more in the discussions. 

Trust me on this:

As in instructor, you need that coffee absolutely independent of what the students are feeling like.

If they are drag-a$$, you need it to pump energy into them via your lecture.

If they are on top of things, you need it to get your own CPU up to speed so you can answer questions and offer criticisms correctly.

Sucks enough for most people to spend $5/cup on it at Starbucks?

Then again my understanding is that most drinks at Starbucks are loaded up with enough dairy and sugar that it's basically a hot milkshake.

Yep,  I just get drip coffee with cream, about half the price.   SOmetimes I will treat myself to an Add shot.   "Life is too short for weak coffee or cheap beer"    I have yet to successfully dissolve a spoon or float a horseshoe, sadly.  

At the campus coffee bars, drip coffee in your personal cup that you brought is a flat $1. And on Monday mornings in summer, it's free for faculty & staff. I've seen many more people there on Mondays than other days. Me, I have my one cup just about every morning, free or not. I've had Mondays where they have to remind me it's free.

You do have to wait for the campus coffee bars to be open, though. Summers that's 8AM; regular academic year it's 7:30. And (when not remodeling) the Scarbutt's across the street opens at 0530. Yes, there are times that difference in open time is something I'll pay for (because yes, all I ever get there is drip).