Psychic Sniper powers?

Sam On Maui

Managed to email with on of the other GMs. My replies are in italics.

Hmm... so, maybe changing from a conventional high-powered rifle to something more comic-book/sci-fi-ish might help? It'd be in theme for the enemy group.

Just rename it Rail/Energy Rifle and it works.

By default all ranged attacks leave a "visibile Trail", have a visible pulse or otherwise easily traceable if they just happened in your line of sight. Bullets are a bit special here - they kind of border on IPE here, but are not really. We have not figured out how to interpret visibiltiy ruels with Bullets. (The visibiltiy rules speak of the Source being obvious). Range modifiers towards the shooter might still apply after the first shoot. But 2nd or so and the enemy knows to look into the right direction already.

Luckily 99% of all Superheroic attacks are either Melee or some form of energy beam/slower physical object where tracing is kind of easy.

"She'd need LOS for the rifle, but otherwise? No sight needed. So, if Pixel had holographic decoys? She wouldn't be fooled by that. If Crimson was invisible? Doesn't help. Pitch black? No worries. Also, the mental powers help predict movement - this is why I'm thinking OCV vs ECV/DMCV."

Okay that is confusing. LOS is blocked by not having Sight of the Target. Like Invisibility, Darknes, being flashed in the Sight, Targetting a Decoy, etc.

As Hero needed to keep the rules abstract (to include many possible targetting senses), it can get a bit hard to read. Or make sense out of - I tried going heavily by "rules as written" and we still ended up arguing about some corner points:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/topic/93975-making-sense-out-of-senses-in-6e/

Okay that is confusing. LOS is blocked by not having Sight of the Target. Like Invisibility, Darknes, being flashed in the Sight, Targetting a Decoy, etc.

As Hero needed to keep the rules abstract (to include many possible targetting senses), it can get a bit hard to read. Or make sense out of - I tried going heavily by "rules as written" and we still ended up arguing about some corner points:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/topic/93975-making-sense-out-of-senses-in-6e/

Sorry... maybe "she'd need a clear line of fire" would be clearer? So, she couldn't be fooled by decoys, invisibility isn't a problem, no need for night vision, etc., but she still has to account for buildings in the way, intervening objects, etc. She would know X is there, but that's it. The rifle/gun/penguin ballista still needs a clear path for the shot.

Sorry... maybe "she'd need a clear line of fire" would be clearer? So, she couldn't be fooled by decoys, invisibility isn't a problem, no need for night vision, etc., but she still has to account for buildings in the way, intervening objects, etc. She would know X is there, but that's it. The rifle/gun/penguin ballista still needs a clear path for the shot.

That measn no intdirect on the attack. As Mindscan EGO+20 level says: "If he wishes to attack the target with a non Mental Power, the attack must be able to reach the target, and the Range Modifer applies."

You can actually shoot through barriers (I think the rules are somewhere under Barrier or in 6E2 under Durabiltiy of natural obstacles) and that might lessen the impact if the material is hard enough.

The issues with targetting through a barrier only affect the OCV/DCV calculation. Even if you can target through obstacles, your attack still has to punch through those.

FYI, the default Barrier Power does not block senses (those are extra adders). So you can actually target somebody through a barrier. Your attack still has to punch through the barrier, however.

That measn no intdirect on the attack. As Mindscan EGO+20 level says: "If he wishes to attack the target with a non Mental Power, the attack must be able to reach the target, and the Range Modifer applies."

You can actually shoot through barriers (I think the rules are somewhere under Barrier or in 6E2 under Durabiltiy of natural obstacles) and that might lessen the impact if the material is hard enough.

The issues with targetting through a barrier only affect the OCV/DCV calculation. Even if you can target through obstacles, your attack still has to punch through those.

FYI, the default Barrier Power does not block senses (those are extra adders). So you can actually target somebody through a barrier. Your attack still has to punch through the barrier, however.

Gotcha. Hrm... I think it'll be simpler/more efficient to have it not, though. We've got 10-13 players on game night @_@