Else Earth: Rogues Gallery: TSOVINAR

Enforcer84

And now for another installment of Rogues Gallery!

I'd day my biggest weakness is a definite preference for making heroes to villains. Sometimes I need a shot in the butt. So Here's another one of my heroes and I'm looking for off the cuff villains for her.

Enter, Tsovinar. Or Nar of the Sea. 

Nar is the National Heroine of the First Republic of Armenia. A Valkyrie/Thor mashup - she was a fiery tempered goddess of the Armenian people and at some point in the distant past before the rise of the Abrahamic religions Nar was imprisoned in an earthly prison while most of the other deities of the day sequestered themselves to the Lands of Legend to let humanity sort its own problems out. (Hint: We did a lousy job) 

Despite being imprisoned and immobile, Nar was not in suspended animation, nor was she unable to sense the world around her. She witnessed much of European history. (she burned some of her powers casting her senses far beyond her prison to view the world as she was terribly bored) 

Freed from her prison in 2008 she found the land claimed by her former worshipers and set herself up as their sworn protector. She also teaches history at Yereven State University in a thinly veiled but generally accepted secret identity. 

Nar is part of a Central and Eastern European coalition of heroes, but she travels the world to see what she missed from her tiny living space. Nar is a brick, with a weapon that can be spear/maul/etc. She's also a storm goddess and has a VPP of Weather Magic. She's a bit lower powered than many of my Gods and Goddesses but that's not saying much.

As for her villains: 

The only one I have for certain is a super genius who is obsessed with her. I don't think he's entirely certain if he thinks he's in love with her or wants to destroy her, but he reacted strongly to her initial appearance. A master geneticist he transformed himself into a 10' tall giant of a man and goes by the name Bel the Tyrant. Basically a Smart Hulk.

I suspect there's some Russian villains who would encounter her - I wrote up a flying speedster named Sverkhzvukovoy (supersonic) but I don't see him as being one of her rogues...maybe a team or minion. 

Any Ideas? 

Some ideas.

Ottoman. This master villain wants to reconstitute the Ottoman empire and that means taking over the Middle East and Greece and Turkey.

Alexandra the Greatest. This rich woman believes herself to be the living re-incarnation of Alexander the Great. As such where Alexander went so must Alexandra ! and as Armenia is on the direct route to Babylon.....

There is only one god and those who consider themselves incarnations of obviously false religions must be brought down or shown to be frauds. I am thinking that Crusader is not a good name nor is Cult Buster.

You could also use Marduk or indeed Tiamat. That latter is a primordial goddess of the Oceans.

I suggest Tigranes the Great, a modern would-be conqueror seeking to emulate the greatest Armenian king of the same name. Tigranes plans to seize power in Armenia, then to take advantage of the chaos of ongoing ethnic and religious conflicts in this part of the world (Syria, Iraq, Georgia, Turkey) to carve out a new Armenian Empire. Since Tsovinar is a supernatural being, I would recommend making Tigranes a science-based, powered-armor villain; one who used his genius to capitalize on the collapse of regimes in the Middle East and the Soviet Union to amass a vast fortune, and recruit a large private army of disgruntled ex-soldiers from those countries. Armenia and its surroundings also hold plenty of mountains beneath which to build secret fortified bases and armories.