MegaScale Teleport Question

Basic204

If you have teleport 1m and you put mega scale 1m = 10km can you teleport to any number between 1m to 10km ?

so with that could I teleport lets day 9m with in that mega scale ?

I'm not really good with math so I got a little confused when another player tried to explain it to me. 

Yes, with some reservations.

Remember than any application of megascale counts as non combat movement and takes at least a full phase.  So, for example, if you had 1 meter of teleportation with megascale 1m = 10km, then teleporting 2 meters would reduce you to half DCV (for non-combat movement) and take a full phase (for the megascale advantage) to do.

In addition, it's usually considered bad form to do things like have a very low powered movement power with megascale attached.  A reasonable rule of thumb is to require some minimum amonut of meters of movement in a power before you can add megascale to it.  I'd suggest a minimum of 10 meters of movement before buying megascale.[

[edit]

In addition, remember that you almost certainly want to have the 'safe blind' advantage on megascale teleportation, or some megascale sensory powers to scope out your teleportation destination before you try going there.

If you have teleport 1m and you put mega scale 1m = 10km can you teleport to any number between 1m to 10km ?

so with that could I teleport lets day 9m with in that mega scale ?

I'm not really good with math so I got a little confused when another player tried to explain it to me. 

Yes, but it would count as Megascaled Movement, no mater how little over 1m you move. And even just 1m would count as a Full Move already. 0.5m would be the halfmove.

Megascaled Teleport afaik costs you 1 or 2 full phases at half DCV before you move (I think it was more with Teleport, as you can not use velocity maneuvers with it to begin with).

You would need to use at least the 1m=10m scaling factor to move 9m with it. Wich also means miss teleports would go 1m = 10m off target as well.

If you miss teleport at a 1m=10 km Scaling factor, you might easily end up further away from your target then you started.

Megascaled, FTL and EDM have one thing in common: They are not suiteable for combat use. You can not use them for Velocity based attacks (even if the base power was thus useable). And using them in combat usualyl puts you at massive CV disadvantage.

Regarding the minimum ammount of Movement Crusher Bob mentioned, als keep in mind that Change Environment affects the movement before the scaling.

Change Environment (-1m of Teleport Movement) would utterly block that power from working ingoing or outgoing.

So there is a bunch of really good reasons (Miss Teleport scale, CE vulnerability, need to use Megascale Multiplier on short distances, GM saying no for game balance) to not overdo it with Megascaling.

Yes, but it would count as Megascaled Movement, no mater how little over 1m you move. And even just 1m would count as a Full Move already. 0.5m would be the halfmove.

Megascaled Teleport afaik costs you 1 or 2 full phases at half DCV before you move (I think it was more with Teleport, as you can not use velocity maneuvers with it to begin with).

You would need to use at least the 1m=10m scaling factor to move 9m with it. Wich also means miss teleports would go 1m = 10m off target as well.

If you miss teleport at a 1m=10 km Scaling factor, you might easily end up further away from your target then you started.

Megascaled, FTL and EDM have one thing in common: They are not suiteable for combat use. You can not use them for Velocity based attacks (even if the base power was thus useable). And using them in combat usualyl puts you at massive CV disadvantage.

Regarding the minimum ammount of Movement Crusher Bob mentioned, als keep in mind that Change Environment affects the movement before the scaling.

Change Environment (-1m of Teleport Movement) would utterly block that power from working ingoing or outgoing.

So there is a bunch of really good reasons (Miss Teleport scale, CE vulnerability, need to use Megascale Multiplier on short distances, GM saying no for game balance) to not overdo it with Megascaling.

Thanks guys I found the page for the rules on mega scale. Also I don't need 1m - 10m after reading it.