Wild Wild West (TV Series)

death tribble

Robert Conrad was into Martial Arts and liked trying to out macho the stuntmen. He was probably kind of a pain in the a$$ on set but it did make for great fight sequences. (for TV and the era)

He actually busted himself up pretty good doing a chandelier swing from a second floor that was supposed to drop him on a tabletop. His feet slipped from the cowboy boots and he crashed thru the table. He insisted on them using the take. A little crazy but cool.

Robert Conrad was into Martial Arts and liked trying to out macho the stuntmen. He was probably kind of a pain in the a$$ on set but it did make for great fight sequences. (for TV and the era)

He actually busted himself up pretty good doing a chandelier swing from a second floor that was supposed to drop him on a tabletop. His feet slipped from the cowboy boots and he crashed thru the table. He insisted on them using the take. A little crazy but cool.

When the Smith/Kline movie came out, an interview with a stunt coordinator for the show had the fact they blew up Conrad at one point. 

CES

Grew up watching Wild Wild West. And other shows like The Invaders, The Fugitive, The Saint, Man fron Uncle and so on. There were a lot of great series in the spy or scifi action arena too.

Though Wild Wild West does occupy unique niche.

Same here.  I was 8 when WWW went off the air.  I think it was syndicated, as I seem to recall watching reruns after school when I was a bit older.  Then again, that was a long time ago, I don't remember.  I loved it like crazy.  Land of the Giants was another one I liked a lot, as well as Man from UNCLE, Mission: Impossible, and a short-lived high-tech spy show called Search, but WWW was the coolest of all.  I didn't know it was on Netflix.  I'm almost afraid to watch it again...but I'm going to.

Also, I know that Ross Martin missed a few episodes to film The Great Race (I should post that in the Lesser-Known Movie Recommendation thread, it's a lot of fun).

Same here.  I was 8 when WWW went off the air.  I think it was syndicated, as I seem to recall watching reruns after school when I was a bit older.  Then again, that was a long time ago, I don't remember.  I loved it like crazy.  Land of the Giants was another one I liked a lot, as well as Man from UNCLE, Mission: Impossible, and a short-lived high-tech spy show called Search, but WWW was the coolest of all.  I didn't know it was on Netflix.  I'm almost afraid to watch it again...but I'm going to.

Also, I know that Ross Martin missed a few episodes to film The Great Race (I should post that in the Lesser-Known Movie Recommendation thread, it's a lot of fun).

Land of the Giants!  I had forgotten that one.  And that brings back to mind UFO.

But WWW is on Netflix?  I didn't know.  Time to relive a bit of childhood :thumbup:

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/5/2017 at 10:43 PM, SteelCold said:

The Adventures of Brisco Country Jr. series was as close to the Wild Wild West feel a couple of decades back.

The Adventures of Brisco Country Jr. may be the only series that's close to Wild Wild West (TV series) in theme. Though it wasn't influenced by spy series,  The Adventures of Brisco Country Jr. did have mad inventions, mad inventors, dastardly villains, and steampunk technology. It was good mix with the Western genre and I enjoyed it very much.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I am running a steampunk game and made Wild, Wild West required watching for a teenager who wanted to join the group.  One with Dr. Loveless required.  The show was a great intro to the Steampulp feel of my game.

For those who don't know, Dr. Miguelito Loveless was a mad scientist who believed he was the hereditary king of Mexico and was really ticked off with West and Gordon for continually interfering with his plans of world conquest.  He was also a little person. He was played brilliantly by Michael Dunn.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2019 at 3:56 PM, Tjack said:

In the reunion TV movie from the ‘80’s Michael Dunn had passed away but the role of Lovesess’ son was played by Paul Williams.

9 hours ago, borbetomagnus said:

I wasn't aware there was a reunion TV movie produced in the 80s. Is it available in the series DVD boxset?

There was? Drat! Another 80s show I never saw....

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Tjack said:

I just saw,  Wild Wild West Revisited is on at 2:00 am Sun night/Mon. morn on the  INSP channel.  A religious network that goes heavy on westerns.   If I saw it earlier I would have said so earlier.

It's also played on Decades.