Wild Wild West (TV Series)

death tribble

There were two TV movies: The Wild Wild West Revisited and More Wild Wild West. Both were included in the "saddlebag" set*, but I don't know if they are included in the newer version of the set. They are available together in their own set, however, and it's also possible to buy the series by the season.

*The "saddlebag" set's the one I've got. It's called that because the discs come packaged in two cardboard holders shaped like saddlebags. Unfortunately, there's nothing to protect the discs, and many people have reported significant wear on the discs just from them rubbing against each other. I've moved my discs to a binder to avoid any scuffing. The newer version of the set is supposed to have the discs in protective sleeves, but without the various "collector" bits that came with the "saddlebag" set.

On 10/10/2017 at 9:19 PM, Tjack said:

Robert Conrad was into Martial Arts and liked trying to out macho the stuntmen. He was probably kind of a pain in the a$$ on set but it did make for great fight sequences. (for TV and the era)

He actually busted himself up pretty good doing a chandelier swing from a second floor that was supposed to drop him on a tabletop. His feet slipped from the cowboy boots and he crashed thru the table. He insisted on them using the take. A little crazy but cool.

I remember reading an article about the movie, in which Conrad was quoted as saying, "I just want everyone to know that I, Robert Conrad, did all my own stunts."  And Will Smith hears about this, and says, "Dang!  Now I gotta do all my own stunts!"

I had a good laugh over that one.  Once again, ego and testosterone triumph over self-preservation and common sense.

If you want to see Robert Conrad at his ego & testosterone finest check You Tube for footage from his appearance on “Battle of the Network Stars” during the early ‘80’s.

If you’re not familiar, this was an early reality show where competing teams from the three major networks would compete in track & field sports. It gave couch potatoes a chance to see starlets in running shorts and bathing suits.

When his team lost the tie breaking event of a relay race over a mistaken hand off, he flipped out on camera and demanded a Captain to Captain race against Gabe Kaplan.  

Freaking hilarious!   Worth looking for...I saw it when it first aired.    God I’m old.

13 hours ago, Tjack said:

I just watched it again on YouTube and thought he might have have run better if he wasn’t smoking like a chimney before the race.  Everyone had a cigarette in their hand including Ron Howard which cracked me up.