Pulp Question

AnotherSkip

Story wise, probably Edgar Rice Burroughs' Pellucidar series, starting with At the Earth's Core.. One of the Tarzan novels also took place in that setting, Tarzan at the Earth's Core.

I'd also highly recommend Aaron Allston's Lands of Mystery supplement for Justice Inc./ Pulp HERO gaming. Difficult to find nowadays, but well worth it.

More Hollow Earth goodness

I can't remember the author, but "The Moon Pool" is another well-written lost worlds adventure set inside the Earth. Don't neglect Jules Verne's "Journey to the Center of the Earth." C.S. Lewis' "The Silver Chair" and H.G. Wells' "First Men on the Moon" and "The Time Machine" feature subterranean civilizations you could glean ideas from. Robert Howards' "Worms of the Earth" and H.P. Lovecraft's "The Forbidden City" (at least I think that's the title) feature eerie underground denezins. Also don't miss the old Universal Pictures B-movie "The Mole People."

TSR published a series of Hollow Earth modules and supplements back.