A Thread for Random Movie Lines

Pariah

Know this...Austin, I am your father.

Really ?

No, not really. I can't back that up.

Right. Idiot. Yes.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch

You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads ! Now evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that cannot be done. Ah, would you remind me what I pay you people for, honestly ? Throw me a bone here ! What do we have ?

Sea Bass.

Right.

They're mutated sea bass.

Are they ill tempered ?

Absolutely.

Oh well, that's a start.

• 2 weeks later...

"Gondor has no King. Gondor needs no King."

"I wish the ring had never come to me, I wish none of this had happened.:

‘”Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.’”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nothing kills me. I'm immune to 179 different types of poison. I know because I ingested them all at once when I was deep undercover in an underground poison-ingesting crime ring

I watched the woman I love get tossed from a plane and hit by another plane mid-air. I drove a car off a freeway on top of a train while it was on fire. Not the car, *I* was on fire.

Well I make a habit out of doing things that people say I can't do: Walk through fire, waterski blindfolded, take up piano at a late age.

"What would you have me do? Seek for the patronage of some great man and like a creeping vine on a tall tree, crawl upward where I cannot stand alone? No thank you! Be a buffoon in the vile hope of teasing out a smile on some cold face? No thank you! Eat a toad for breakfast each morning? Make my knees callous? Cultivate a supple spine? Wear out my belly groveling in the dust? No thank you! With my left hand, scratch the back of any swine that roots up gold for me, while my right, too proud to know his partner's business, takes in the fee? No thank you! Shall I use the fire God gave me, to burn incense all day long? No, thank you! Struggle to insinuate my name into the columns of the Gazette? Calculate, scheme, be afraid? Love more to make a visit than a poem? Seek introductions, favors, influences? No, thank you! No, I thank you and again, I thank you!"

• 2 weeks later...

Charlie don't surf

I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror.