A Thread for Random Movie Lines

Pariah

"What did you say your name was?"

"Dr. Olivia Octavius." [Takes off her lab coat revealing her Dr. Octopus arms]

"And I assume your friends call you "Doc Ock"?"

"Actually, my friends call me "Liv". My enemies call me "Doc Ock"."

"Everybody knows that the best way to learn is under intense life-threatening crisis!"

"I had rather be a canker in a hedge than a rose in his grace, and it better fits my blood to be disdained of all than to fashion a carriage to rob love from any. In this, though I cannot be said to be a flattering honest man, it must not be denied but I am a plain-dealing villain. I am trusted with a muzzle and enfranchised with a clog; therefore I have decreed not to sing in my cage. If I had my mouth, I would bite; if I had my liberty, I would do my liking. In the meantime, let me be that I am, and seek not to alter me."

Callahan... I don't want any more trouble like you had last year in the Fillmore district. You understand ? That's my policy.

Yeah, well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard - that's my policy.

Intent ? How'd you establish that ?

When a naked man is chasing a woman through a dark alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross.

I think he's got a point.

"Cities fall, but they are rebuilt. And heroes die, but they are remembered. We honor them with every brick we lay, with every field we sow, with every child we comfort and then teach to rejoice in what we have been regiven. Our planet, our home. So now, let us begin."

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody ever wins the games. Period. There are survivors. There's no winners.

May the odds ever be in your favour

Thank you.....for your consideration

I have a message for President Snow. You can torture us and bomb us and burn our districts to the ground. But do you see that? Fire is catching... And if we burn... you burn with us !

Did you have a nightmare ? I have nightmares, too. Someday I'll explain it to you, why they came, why they won't ever go away, but I'll tell you how I survive it. I make a list in my head... of all the good things I've seen someone do. Every little thing I can remember. It's like a game. I do it over and over. Gets a little tedious after all these years, but... there are much worse games to play.