A Thread for Random Movie Lines

Pariah

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Men, at ease. I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of our crew, Lt. Emily Lake. Emily is part of a pilot program to test the feasibility of women serving on submarines. She's going to be our diving officer."

"Can she do a one-and-a-half inward back in the layout position?"

"All right, ladies and gentlemen. We have fulfilled every requirement of this mission except one: Norfolk. Presently, there are several ships positioned outside the harbor to intercept us. To get in, we're gonna have to use a tactic that is somewhat bizarre, and extremely risky. If any of you feel it's not worth it, please let me know now."

"Uh, actually, sir, I think we prefer to go with bizarre and risky. It's worked for us so far."

"I think we should continue to kick ass, sir."

"Thwow him to the floor." 

1 hour ago, Pariah said:

"All right, ladies and gentlemen. We have fulfilled every requirement of this mission except one: Norfolk. Presently, there are several ships positioned outside the harbor to intercept us. To get in, we're gonna have to use a tactic that is somewhat bizarre, and extremely risky. If any of you feel it's not worth it, please let me know now."

"Uh, actually, sir, I think we prefer to go with bizarre and risky. It's worked for us so far."

"I think we should continue to kick ass, sir."

Is it a submarine movie? They should have used a Gotland, then.

"My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away. A hero at a thousand paces."

"I'm sorry. I don't remember any of it."

"You don't remember?!"

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

"Rosebud, dead or alive!"

"As Charles Foster Kane who owns eighty-two thousand, six hundred and thirty-four shares of public transit - you see, I do have a general idea of my holdings - I sympathize with you. Charles Foster Kane is a scoundrel. His paper should be run out of town. A committee should be formed to boycott him. You may, if you can form such a committee, put me down for a contribution of one thousand dollars."

"He married for love. Love. That's why he did everything. That's why he went into politics. It seems we weren't enough, he wanted all the voters to love him too. Guess all he really wanted out of life was love. That's Charlie's story, how he lost it. You see, he just didn't have any to give. Well, he loved Charlie Kane of course, very dearly, and his mother. I guess he always loved her."

"I suppose he had some private sort of greatness, but he kept it to himself. He never gave himself away. He never gave anything away, he just left you a tip, hmm? Ha. He had a generous mind. I don't suppose anybody ever had so many opinions. But he never believed in anything except Charlie Kane. He never had a conviction except Charlie Kane in his life. I suppose he died without one. It must have been pretty unpleasant. Of course, a lot of us check out without having any special convictions about death, but we do know what we believe in, we do believe in something."

• 2 weeks later...