A Thread for Random Movie Lines

Pariah

In deciding upon the sentence I shall impose in this case, I have been influenced by one consideration. It is this - that in sentencing a man to death for one crime, we may well be putting him beyond the reach of the law in respect of those crimes which he has not yet had an opportunity to commit. The law, however, is not to be cheated in this way. I shall therefore discharge you

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Officers, what offense have these men done?"

"Marry, sir, they have committed false report; moreover, they have spoken untruths; secondarily, they are slanders; sixth and lastly; they have belied a lady; thirdly, they have verified unjust things; and, to conclude, they are lying knaves."

"What is your offense, masters? This learned constable is too cunning to be understood."

"A book?"

"That's right. When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today I'm gonna read it to you."

"Has it got any sports in it?"

"Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles..."

"Doesn't sound too bad. I'll try to stay awake."

"Oh, well, thank you very much, very nice of you. Your vote of confidence is overwhelming."

• 4 weeks later...

Dr No: I work for SPECTRE

James Bond: SPECTRE ?

Dr No: SPECTRE - Special Executive for Counter Intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge, Extortion. The four great cornerstones of power headed by the greatest brains in the world.

James Bond: Red wine with fish. Well, that should have told me something.

Grant:  You may know the right wines, but you're the one on your knees. How does it feel old man ?

Goldfinger: Man has climbed Mount Everest, gone to the bottom of the ocean. He's fired rockets at the Moon, split the atom, achieved miracles in every field of human endeavour... except crime !

Bond: My dear girl, there are some things that just aren't done, such as drinking Dom Perignon '53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That's just as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs !

Blofeld: Sit down, Number Two. We will discuss your NATO project later. I regret to inform you all of the death of SPECTRE Number Six. Colonel Jacques Bouvar was killed by an unknown assassin. His services will be greatly missed.

M: You may now open the folders in front of you. Code name: Thunderball. As you can see, we have very little to go on. All the members of the crew had top security clearance. You'll find their photographs and service records in your files. You'll be working with NATO, CIA and all allied intelligence units. Well, that's all - until you've discussed your individual assignments with me.

Blofeld: James Bond. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Ernst Stavro Blofeld. They told me you were assassinated in Hong Kong.

James Bond: Yes, this is my second life.

Blofeld: You only live twice, Mr Bond.

Bond: This never happened to the other fellow.

Bond:  It's all right. It's quite all right, really. She's having a rest. We'll be going on soon. There's no hurry, you see. We have all the time in the world.

Bambi: I'm "Bambi"

Thumper: And I am "Thumper." Is there something we can do for you ?

Bond: I can think of several things, off hand...

Tiffany Case: My God! You just killed James Bond !

Bond:  Is that who it was ? Well just goes to show, no one's indestructible.

Mr Big: Is *this* the stupid mutha that tailed you uptown?

Bond: There seems to be some mistake. My name is...

Mr Big: Names is for tombstones, baby ! Y'all take this honky out and waste him ! Now !

M: What do you know about a man called Scaramanga, 007 ?

Bond: Scaramanga ? Oh, yes ! The man with the golden gun. Born in the circus. Father - the Ringmaster, possibly Cuban. Mother - English, a snake charmer. He was a spectacular trick shot artist by the time he was ten and a local Rio gunman at fifteen. The KGB recruited him there and trained him in Europe where he became an - overworked, underpaid assassin. He went independent in the late '50s. Current price: one million dollars a hit. No photograph on file. But, he does have one distinguishing feature, however, a superfluous papilla.

M: A what ?

Bond: A mammary gland. A third nipple, sir. He uses a golden bullet, hence man with the golden gun. Present domicile - unknown.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

"Mr Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

• 4 weeks later...