Drain Powers, on non-living things?

NisseFrasse

Question

Ello'! I am back once more with more questions to ask.

One of my players want to make a drain, but specifically for non-living things, such as buildings, weapons, armor and more. As long it ain't a well-.. living!
Since she want a sort of a "withered" effect on the stuff, but all thos things normaly doesn't have a recovery, nor any other sort of meaningful stats? (Beside PD/ED and Body)
Which would make that power really powerful? Unless i give all thos kind of things recovery and power defense(Which would be absurd in my own opinion unless
they are of magic or awesome alien tech?) Myself been thinking on damage over time power insteed.

So I am mostly wondering that if you want to make a power specifically to wither down non-living things(Such as Vehicals, Buildings, Weapons and Armor); What
sort of power should we make? Drain? Damage over Time or something different completely?

Sincerely
NisseFrasse

1 answer to this question

'Ello!

I don’t currently have access to all of my books and materials, which have been packed up as part of my home renovation project, so I reserve the right to edit or change this answer at a future time. ;)

Yes, it’s possible for characters to use Drain (or other Adjustment Powers) on non-living or inanimate objects. Since the recovery rate for an Adjustment Power is set by how the power’s bought and doesn’t depend on the target’s REC, the lack of REC is no obstacle. If the object has Power Defense, that of course applies to protect the object. And the GM may establish other restrictions based on common sense, dramatic sense, and game balance.

If you haven't done so already, this might make an interesting conversation topic for you to post on the Discussion board.