• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Your PCs might be overpowered if...

...if the Living Tribunal and the Spectre call you in to mediate their dispute

...if you refer to your Genki Dama/Spirit Bomb as your "low end" attack

...if you use Dr. Destroyer as a "generic agent template"

...if Mechanon reprograms itself to exclude you from extermination

...if every Security Council resolution ends with "if that's okay with Captain Galaxy"

You movethrough the Earth..and it takes knockback.

Sorry to Necromance, but I had a character that actually did something like that. Move Through on Volcanus, the Titan, who had connected himself to the spiritual center of the earth yadda yadda, so I move through'ed him at full move speed, and maybe a Non-Com multiplier or two, since he was so big I literally couldn't miss..

Well, I did twenty hexes of knockback to him after his KB resist, and the Earth moved with him. I think we forgot put it back...

-If your character sheet is a list of the skills and powers you do NOT have.....

-......which also means your character sheet is blank.:)

-You actually succeeded in killing Wolverine.:eek:

- Cthulhu takes one look at you and loses HIS sanity

-If you throw away Lion-o's Sword of Omens because it is too weak for you.

-in an effort to take you down DC and Marvel merge and send all their supers at you.......

-......at the same time.......

-....and you still won.

-if Jack Bauer took one look at you and wet himself

- if the phrase "faster than a speeding bullet, stronger than a lcomotive" refers not to you but your grandma.

-if you avoid eating beans because your flatulence will cause a disruption in the time-space continuum.:nonp:

• 2 months later...

You might be overpowered if...

... you must rent a front end loader to have a reasonable chance of rolling all your attack dice at once.

... you left the Champions Universe in 2020 after Witchcraft started yammering at you, and didn't return until almost 3000.

... every time you shake the dust from your costume, physicists revise their dark matter estimates upwards

... "We are the Borg. We have analyzed your - a thousand pardons, sir, we did not notice that it was you."

... "Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've created. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of "

... David Letterman's "Most powerful characters" was the only Top One list in the history of the show.

... your equipment skews the ATRI curve for everyone else

... some guy named Loser Black keeps calling from Earth and asking if you'll let him play with your five pets

So a PC that does exaflops would (by the simplest extrapolation) consume a gigawatt of power, and dissipate all that in the box next to your desk.

That is an overpowered PC. :P

Good literal response to showcase a legitimate answer to a question that could have been worded more clearly :D

I've given too much Rep out in the last 24 hours, but let's see what I can come up with here . . . :eg:

if you finish reading through this list and think "What a bunch of wimps."

Guest WhammeWhamme

...the GM lives in fear of them figuring out which dimension HE lives in...

Instead of throwing fighter jets, your character picks up an air craft carrier to catch the jets the other bricks are throwing.

You use a bank vault door for origami

You see a team mate half kill another in a sparing match with a 16d6 attack and think that would be good for cleaning your costume, because even if all 6's were rolled it still wouldn't get past your defenses.

The scary part is I once had a character that could do those things!

• 4 years later...