The Sentinels

PaladinAg

Next up, the revised versions of Valkyrie and Hornet.

Main changes are a reduction in some of the combat levels and some tweaking to minor powers.  Hornet is the only character I've redesigned to date that still has significant characteristics associated with unified power as these are linked to how his powers work.

PaladinAg

Valkyrie 450 V0.2.HTML

Hornet 450 V0.2.HTML

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

​Here are the new versions of Persinette and Mercury.  Mercury hasn't had a big change (although I did tweak his name, it seemed familiar for some reason - he was a felon who had an unwitting role in the 88 US election!).  Persinette has changed a lot.  Basically having a closely related power pool and a VPP with lots of powers didn't make much sense and it also allowed to put in 'spells' with varying active points and modifiers).  It also freed up the points to up her defences (although these are still weighted towards ED and MenD)

PaladinAg

Persinette 450 v0.2.HTML

Mercury 450 V0.2.HTML

​Nebula and Mighty Girl next.  Nebula, like Persinette, has ended with a big VPP, which made sense as she had a mix of movement and attack powers anyway and the maths made it more sensible.  Maybe I have 'unconscious bias' against VPPs?  :winkgrin: .  Mighty Girl has kept the two power groups separate but with a lot of points going to buy out the characteristic unified power modifiers I decided to emphasise the brick aspects of the character rather than the prehensile hair/scrapper aspect, with the later now mainly aimed at special effects and feats.

The last character from the Sentinel's main team is Silver Paladin.   Given the debate elsewhere, perhaps I should design him as a vehicle character instead?

PaladinAg

Mighty Girl 450 V0.2a.HTML

Nebula 450 V0.2.HTML

Whilst I'm thinking about how to do Silver Paladin (and waiting for the plumber to come out and fix our boiler!) I've done the Sentinel Legion as well.

Amethyst had a fair amount of adjusting because of the amount of characteristics with unified power.  The main issue for Longbow was getting the balance right between offence and defence.

PaladinAg

Longbow 400 V0.2.HTML

Amethyst 400 V0.2.HTML

In terms of balancing I use a modified form of Crusher Bob's methodology.  Character balance score should be a net 0 or +1

:

Sentinel Prime Team              450 with 75 complications

Characteristics                                    10-50

Active Points                                       no power more than 85

DC       SPD    CV       DEF     MenDef

-2                     8          4          4          20        10

-1                     10        5          6          25        13

0                      12        6          8          30        15

+1                    14        7          10        35        18

+2                    16        8          12        40        20

Sentinel Legion Team             400 with 75 complications

Characteristics                                    10-40

Active Points                                       no power more than 85

DC       SPD    CV       DEF     MenDef

-2                     7          3          3          18        9

-1                     9          4          5          23        12

0                      11        5          7          28        14

+1                    13        6          9          33        17

+2                    15        7          11        38        19

CVs and DCs are based on the most regularly used attack power (including DCs from MA) and with CV levels on OCV.  The CV levels are averaged.  I rounded down to get the delta score.  I counted 25% Damage Resistance as equivalent to DEF +5.

PaladinAg

OK.  Here is the revised Silver Paladin.  I kept the multi-form version as the vehicle version I was creating got OTT very quickly and would dominate any group excessively.  In the end the changes for this character were a lot less than i orginally expected.  The number of CPs associated with the characteristic unfied powers were actually a lot less than i thought they would be.  Interestingly, I had to up the firepower of the character as the CV/SPD combination is quite low.  I kept the character/unified power combination for the Dragonslayer mode (not, repeat, not, my version of Hulk Buster!) as this sort of ties in with this configuration being quite an extreme one and the weakness to drain that Crusher Bob picked up means that it would be used infrequently, i.e. against the big targets it was intended for. 

I'm still looking for comments.  Otherwise I will put them up in the download area by the end of the month.

PaladinAg 

Silver Paladin 450 (Mode 4) v0.2.HTML

Silver Paladin 450 (Mode 1) v0.2.HTML

NIKE 450.HTML

Silver Paladin 450 (Mode 3) v0.2.HTML

Silver Paladin (Primary) 450 v0.2.HTML

Silver Paladin 450 (Mode 2) v0.2.HTML

• 2 weeks later...