Greywind

Justice League

Wow! That is so sad!  

Boy, that put petty little concerns about the quality of a movie in perspective.

Indeed. :(  If there's even the most hardcore Anti-Snyder out there saying anything besides a variation of  "Not like this." they deserve to have their balls stepped on by an African elephant.

And no, I won't look - because I just know there's not enough elephants to go around. 

Yeah, well, they're out there. Welcome to the internet.

I just read a news story this morning about some reporter tweeting jokes regarding the victims of the Manchester bombing. If concert-going children being murdered by terrorist attacks aren't beyond the pale for some people, we really can't expect anything else to be.

It sounds like the movie is pretty much entirely Snyder's vision, which means it will feel like his other DCEU movies. Prior to this latest development, he only involved Whedon to add some bits of character interaction/dialogue in places. Whedon is now overseeing reshoots, but that's about it. I don't expect the movie to feel like some strange Snyder/Whedon hybrid. For the most part I still expect it to be the same joyless chore as MoS and BvS.

For the most part I still expect it to be the same joyless chore as MoS and BvS.

Based on the trailer I'm expecting the same dreary color palette, same dismal worldview, same shallow characterization, but with the joylessness factor dialed down a bit and with jokes tacked clumsily on top. I could be wrong of course.

But yeah, while I was hoping Snyder would leave the project, this wasn't at all what I had in mind. Poor guy.

Based on the trailer I'm expecting the same dreary color palette, same dismal worldview, same shallow characterization, but with the joylessness factor dialed down a bit and with jokes tacked clumsily on top. I could be wrong of course.

That's my expectation as well. I don't know who I'd have direct it, just someone with an actual vision of comic books who can smile once in a while. Someone who is a gifted storyteller and understands that there are dramatic expressions other than snark and angst.

Indeed. :(  If there's even the most hardcore Anti-Snyder out there saying anything besides a variation of  "Not like this." they deserve to have their balls stepped on by an African elephant.

And no, I won't look - because I just know there's not enough elephants to go around.

Surprisingly enough (for the internet) most of what I've seen has been of "yeah, I wanted him off the film, but not like this" variety., followed by comments of personal level support and condolences. Sometimes, people can actually rise above expectation rather than gleefully dive below them.

That was definitely my reaction. I would have done the Snoopy dance if it were just a matter of creative differences or Warner Bros. seeing the writing on the wall and pink-slipping him. But I wouldn't wish going through a child's suicide on my worst enemy. He and his family should get our sympathy and support.

On 1/21/2017 at 7:51 AM, zslane said:

All that any of this discussion proves is that fight scenes can be conceived and written such that Batman does what he has to do, with style and a core of plausibility, without the need for body armor.

Heck, if you are a normal human intending to take on Superman you want every advantage that you can get. If body armour helps, you would go for it. Batman is supposed to be a brilliant stratagist, of course he is going to don body armour before confronting Superman if he can.