HD6 Issues Under Windows High Resolution Screens

Simon

• 2 months later...

A batch file is just a text file with a group of commands to pass to the command prompt.  You can find any number of references online for what they can include.  Create them like any other text file (Notepad or whatever your editor of choice is) and give it a .bat extension.

After some trial and error I found success with the following

1. I copied and pasted in the line from Simon's original post into a new notepad file.

2. I looked at Quora and Stackoverflow to find examples of batch files that run Java programs.

3. I then added the command to the notepad file.

4. I saved it as a normal .txt file so I could change it as I tried to get the batch file to work.

5. I then saved a copy of the .txt file as .bat making the batch program.

6. I then added the batch file to the same folder as HD6.jar is located on my computer.

7. I then double clicked the batch file and HERODesigner opened with the new font size enabled.

8. I put below what my batch file looks like in notepad or Notepad++.

I don't know how if this will work on a Mac but it did work on my Windows 10 PC.

@echo off
javaw -jar HD6.jar 18