• Static (Virgil Hawkins)
    • Supergirl (Kara)
    • Triplicate Girl
    • Velocity (Cyber Force)
    • Violet Parr
    • White Witch
    • Wonder Girl (Donna Troy)
    • Nobody on this list

Okay, here is the poll to determine the participants in the Tournament of Heroes Under 21 Classification!  There were a total of thirty-six young heroes who were nominated and seconded for the Tournament. Twenty-four of them will be selected to compete.

The purpose of this thread is twofold. First, this is the Poll where we will determine the participants.Second, this is a place for you to stump for your favorite heroes and heroines!

Your votes will determine who participates! I will open voting on this pool for approximately one week; plan on voting no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, January 27th. I will have a Moderator close the poll at that time. (You know who you are.)

I've arranged the candidates in alphabetical order in two lists (due to the limitations of the software). Vote for as many or as few as you deem worthy on each list. Vote "Nobody on this list" if that's the case. The top 24 overall will be invited to the tournament and will be seeded according to your votes. Ties will be broken by a formula of my own devising.

So, what are you waiting for? Let the voting begin!

And out of the gate, our early leaders are Mary Marvel and . . . Richard Ryder?! Wow, I did not see that coming. Well done, Nova.

Thanks to everyone who has voted. Spread the word. Let's get as many people's opinions on this as we can!

Congrats to the Legion. They've got a lot of great heroes.

I'm a little surprised that the New Mutants didn't have more members nominated/seconded. Magik, specifically, I thought would make it in. Maybe Sunspot, too (he was the leader of the Avengers for a while, after all).

That team was a hot mess, though, so maybe it's not all that surprising.

When do you start seeding other groups for our information ?

Good question. I'm conflicted between doing the qualification/seeding polls for all four groups first or doing one tournament (qualification/seeding and then the actual tournament) at a time. I can see advantages and challenges in both approaches.

In short, I don't know. Yet. My first inclination is to set up the Under 21 Tournament first and then move on to Street Level once that's all done. But it's not set in stone.

How are the surviving seeders going to be paired off? Will it be the top seed in A versus the top seed in B, and then moving down the list by vote totals?

No that would be the final. Top Seed in A vs Top Seed in B. That is the way they use it in Grand Slam Tennis for example.

But you might make it the top vote getters. At the moment Supergirl and Ms Marvel have the most votes so they would be seeds 1 and 2. And then you would allot seedings by numbers of votes. You might get a disparity in a group getting less votes than another and that would drastically affect seedings