Things that should be in fortune cookies

Cancer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sooo... back when my wife and I were dating but I hadn't yet proposed (but was thinking about doing so), we ate out at a Chinese restaurant.  Her cookie's fortune was "Make up your mind and do what you want," and she joked that it should have been my fortune (a not-so-subtle hint that she was ready for me to propose). 

Unbeknownst to her, I pocketed that fortune.  Then, when we were planning to go to another Chinese restaurant for her birthday a few months later, I wrote my proposal on the back of that fortune, bought a box of fortune cookies, and replaced the fortune in one of the cookies with that one, putting that fortune cookie into a sandwich bag in my pocket to pull a switcheroo after dinner.  (helpful hint - don't do this several days in advance, or the cookie gets stale)

You can imagine my irritation when the waitress brought the fortune cookies, and they were both sealed in plastic as above (but thankfully without the fortune showing).  Luckily, I was able to grab and unwrap both, then switch the cookie out and give her the right one.

My then-girlfriend opened it, read the fortune on the front of it, said the *EXACT SAME THING* she had said before, and went to set it down without even noticing my proposal on the back.  I had to practically force her to flip the fortune over and read the proposal. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...