2017-18 NFL Thread

Pariah

Technically, it's the Baltimore Ravens that didn't exist until then. By mutual agreement with the NFL, the team left its name and history in Cleveland when they moved to Baltimore and became a new franchise.

I prefer accuracy.  And for me to take the Cleveland route,  I have go with they quit playing, gave all their players to an expansion team, and came back 3 years later acquiring all new players via an expansion draft  vs  our team moved and 3 years later the NFL gave us a new team.  I go with the latter.

Besides, I figure that is why they are cursed, they undeservedly took the old Brown records.  (actually if the Ravens don't want the old Brown history so be it,  but I jujst cant give the new Browns the old Browns history)

Tim Couch=greatest Brown QB

Rodgers may be out for the rest of the season.

What does this do the the rest of the NFC?

You do realize the Green Bay fans are coming for you with pitchforks and torches for your comments of last night. 

Course, I can get away from the Cleveland lynch mob as I painted the home like an endzone.  :yes: 

Colin Kaepernick has now filed a grievance against NFL owners alleging that they conspired to keep him from playing this year.

Did the owners do so? I haven't a clue.

Can Kaepernick (and his attorneys) prove that they did? That's the real question, I suppose.

I prefer accuracy.  And for me to take the Cleveland route,  I have go with they quit playing, gave all their players to an expansion team, and came back 3 years later acquiring all new players via an expansion draft  vs  our team moved and 3 years later the NFL gave us a new team.  I go with the latter.

Besides, I figure that is why they are cursed, they undeservedly took the old Brown records.  (actually if the Ravens don't want the old Brown history so be it,  but I jujst cant give the new Browns the old Browns history)

Tim Couch=greatest Brown QB

Yeah it's too bad you don't get to choose. 

Yeah it's too bad you don't get to choose. 

But, I get to live with the fact I am smarter than Roger Goodell (not that hard).  Or rather I decided to live in reality, instead of the Goodell/Brown fan fantasy world.

THe Browns curse will continue until Cleveland can come to grips with the reality that Otto Graham and Jim Brown are all-time Ravens. (aka it's an eternal curse)

Edit: Curious, in the event of a combined old/new Browns all-time team, would there actually be any new Browns that would even be near to making that team?

Colin Kaepernick has now filed a grievance against NFL owners alleging that they conspired to keep him from playing this year.

Can Kaepernick (and his attorneys) prove that they did? That's the real question, I suppose.

I can't see how it can be proven.  Besides the fact that, honestly, at least 15 owners in the league have absolutely nothing to do with this.  Their QB situations were already set and Kaepernick skill set only fits a certain scheme.  Also, one team he would fit into, the Seahawks, actually brought him in and gave him a look.  Again, its interesting that in certain cities, I don't think fans would care...Many owners were cowardly, there were already guys kneeling and fewer and fewer people were caring till Trump got involved.

Every mediocre-level troublemaker (not going into if he is or isnt one) would then have the ability to file grievances if no team decides they are worth the gamble.  Whatever, you feel about owners and front offices, they should have the ability to decide who to bring in or not (within logical reason, obviously no "Keep Redskins White" attitudes)

Baltimore was about to sign him when his girlfriend sent out a tweet equating the Ravens to slave owners.

Can't imagine why people would want to stay away from him. 

Has there ever been a tweet that wasn't damaging in some way? Not sure I've ever heard of a constructive use for it.

it's like anything else in the world you don't hear about the good things. 

You're going to hear about the stupid thing but you have to actually partake to see anything good.

But, I get to live with the fact I am smarter than Roger Goodell (not that hard).  Or rather I decided to live in reality, instead of the Goodell/Brown fan fantasy world.

THe Browns curse will continue until Cleveland can come to grips with the reality that Otto Graham and Jim Brown are all-time Ravens. (aka it's an eternal curse)

Edit: Curious, in the event of a combined old/new Browns all-time team, would there actually be any new Browns that would even be near to making that team?

Unfortunately, you're going to live and then die in the "Fantasy Land." The agreement was legal and all the history books and archives things that out live us will forever separate them. You're not smarter than Goddell because he's turned being a horrible leader into a multi million dollar job where he gets to be leader beholden to billionaires who love him being the lightning rod for their brand of evil. Not to mention the fact that it was Rozelle who was Commmish when the Raven's crawled out of Art Model's backside.