2017-18 NFL Thread

Pariah

4 hours ago, Enforcer84 said:

Or he went from a good offensive-minded coach to one who lasted a single season and then another Coach who was a cult of personality and flamed out...

I'll also point out that in Kelly's 2-14 disaster Kaep started again and threw 16 TDs to 4 INT a feat Osweiller hasn't pulled off yet. 

I'm not saying he's an answer as most teams' problems are rarely solved with a new QB. (Except Indianapolis but all that did was turn one of the best QB prospects in history into ground beef.) But he is an adequate passer and good runner at the position. 

Also, Full Disclosure, I hate the 49ers with unreasonable intensity due to traumatic family life and held that against Kaep his entire career. If he plays somewhere else I wish him the best. I kind of do that. 

That is true, the coaches' systems often make or break a player.  Course, it also raises as many questions as answers with a Denver system vs Harbaugh system (I cant answer that to be fair)

One obvious question that needs to be asked about Garropolo is , if he starts for the '49ers, will he survive the rest of the season ?. At the moment they don't have an offensive line, they have a set of revolving doors !  I'm a niners fan  but geez their offensive line is looking dire this year, and injuries haven't helped. Good luck to Jimmy G but, if he plays this year , he'll earn whatever they are paying him.

This is a prime example of why talking pets are a bad idea.

On the other hand, with some edits ("Packers" --> Seahawks; "Aaron Rodgers" --> Russell Wilson; "defense" --> line) it is a clear vision of regrets to come around here.

Edited by Cancer
Greater insights

9 hours ago, Enforcer84 said:

Perhaps, but he'd never do it because, as the ultimate participation trophy kid, he wouldn't participate unless he go to be the QB.

Well, in most ways the single-wing HB was the QB, and the "quarterback" was essentially a blocking back.  (But maybe the Broncos back in the day should have changed the name of the TE to QB in their system)

Note: well technically tailback instead of halfback, but my mind has long since interchanged those names as they are usually the same position.

9 hours ago, Enforcer84 said:

I was joking at the start of the season, that he should refuse to play until they get him a line.  I feel guilty now.

Never will understand.  If I got me a franchise QB, I'd liable to pick a lineman in the first rd the next 5 drafts  (ok that might not be quite realistic,  but I am firmly in the belief that the most important part of your offense is the line, because if you don't have a competent one, what else you got on offense inst worth a ####)