Babylon 5 Hero

Aroooo

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Campaign ideas

Originally posted by tiger

I'm assuming that most campaigns will either be the command group, rangers or security?

Having problems coming up with other groups. I have a large group I play with

I was not planning on doing a lot of campaign type stuff (background info, scenarios, etc.), but could come up with some things if there is a demand...

Given that, our group is working on two avenues: first group will be Rangers, set at the begining of the 3rd season. I'll have them running around the fringes of known space and occasionally hop back to B5. The second group will probably be 'normals' in the B5 universe. Merchants, traders, smugglers, etc. You know, typical sci-fi gamer mix:)

B5 Station Security is always a good one. As well as members of Alpha or Delta flights. But then you have to be more creative about giving PC's something to do when they are not chasing Raiders and such. And depending on the time frame of the 'season' you choose to start in, backup pilots will come in handy.

Finally, another concept we've talked about is either Station personnel or civilians during the Telepath Wars (although I missed many of the novels, so don't know how prevalent the station is to the overall war).

Aroooo

Another group that might be funto play would be the Telpaths. If they are part of the Psi Core, what do they do and how do they feel about the core? If they are blips/runaways, how do the evade the core and are they trying to reach the supposed safety of the Telepath colony on B5? Then of course there are the Psi Wars and all the changes they bring. Where would a group of telepaths stand, especially if they only recently realized what they were?

Oh, be maintenance workers. :)

Ever see the episode with those two that float around in the background, repairing things while everything is going to hell? I LOVE those types of shows. Just like Star Trek TNG's episode "Ensigns of Command".

The plot depends on if you want to have it stationary at B5 or be out in the galaxy ala Excalibur. Any area within the series could be expanded upon. You could be members of the IPE searching out for techology to battle the shadows or be a mercenary company working to help the Narn homeworld. Blip hunters would be interesting as could be the shadow's answer to the Rangers (which you never saw but, hey, maybe they were there).

Re: Oh, be maintenance workers. :)

Originally posted by MarkusDark

Ever see the episode with those two that float around in the background, repairing things while everything is going to hell? I LOVE those types of shows. Just like Star Trek TNG's episode "Ensigns of Command".

That B5 episode was one of my favorites; although it never was explained WHO was attacking the Station. It sure wasn't the Shadows... (On a side note, both the B5 and Trek episodes in that vein were either loved or hated by the fan base. Funny how that goes.)

Originally posted by MarkusDark The plot depends on if you want to have it stationary at B5 or be out in the galaxy ala Excalibur. Any area within the series could be expanded upon. You could be members of the IPE searching out for techology to battle the shadows or be a mercenary company working to help the Narn homeworld. Blip hunters would be interesting as could be the shadow's answer to the Rangers (which you never saw but, hey, maybe they were there).

Those would [essentially] be the Drakh - the race that picked up where the Shadows left off...

Aroooo

Re: Oh, be maintenance workers. :)

Originally posted by MarkusDark

I generally like episode like that as well. But I thought that particular episode of B5 was just lame.

BTW, are you sure you don't mean TNG's "The Lower Decks"?

Originally posted by Agent X

Hey Aroooo, since you're going to all this work, why not run a PBEM game on B5? Looks like you would do a great job.:)

Thanks for the vote of confidence :)

Maybe I will once I get everyting cobbled together. Maybe an IPX team around the end of first season... Hm... I could get into running that.

Aroooo

pick me pick me

Originally posted by Aroooo

Thanks for the vote of confidence :)

Maybe I will once I get everyting cobbled together. Maybe an IPX team around the end of first season... Hm... I could get into running that.

Aroooo

Can I be the first one off the ship when we get to Z'Ha'Dum?

I'd also like to volunteer to be the primary tunnel-rat/ strange-looking-cave investigator.

Oh pleez oh pleez oh pleez?

You want to be positively scared out of your wits?

Then check out "The Warlock Project" website. This website

has size comparison charts for the various ships in B5, and the

one they have showing the Drakh Mothership in comparison

to the B5 Station, well...

Let me put it this way: anybody out there remember the scene

in the episode of ST: TOS when the (I)Fesarius(/I) first shows

up and pulls up in front of the (I)Enterprise(/I) -- and all

you can see past the (I)Enterprise(/I) IS the (I)Fesarius(/I)?

You get the picture. :eek:

Space Cadet :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ship ECM/ECCM

I've been reading over TUV the last two weeks (hence little updates on the B5 site), and wanted to get the opinions of anyone who's using or planning on using my B5 conversion. Here's the question:

How would you like to see ECM/ECCM done?

Simple version: Systems Op vs. Systems Op rolls; or

Non-so-simple version: Powers like SH and TUV describe - flash, darkness, flash def., supress, etc.; or

Somewhere in-between?

I guess the question also boils down to: How much (or how detailed) starship combat will you be running? Mapped out or Dogfight/Intercept combat?

Appreciate the feedback!

Aroooo

more info

Glad to see someone else is trying to convert B5 to Hero. I've been doing some of it myself. I have some differences of opinion with you but you done more than I have.

Count me in on a B5 PBEM. I'm running a FTF game with what I'v e come up with, but I'm not satisfied with everything.

If you're interested I can send what I have.

Tim S.

Originally posted by Space Cadet

Let me put it this way: anybody out there remember the scene

in the episode of ST: TOS when the (I)Fesarius(/I) first shows

up and pulls up in front of the (I)Enterprise(/I) -- and all

you can see past the (I)Enterprise(/I) IS the (I)Fesarius(/I)?

The Corbomite Maneuver

The commander of the alien ship was named Balok. The human officer who volunteered to stay on the Fesarius was Lt. Bailey. The drink served by Balok was called Troika.

Oh, finodh, I have NO life whatsoever.

Incidentally, I think B5 was better than Trek in every quantifiable way: however, the original Trek somehow touched something deep inside of us - nobody since seems to have been able to figure out exactly what it was and how to replicate it.

I just wanted to say very nice job.

What does the Hotshot Pilot talent do? And why is this not simply skill levels or combat pilot?

Suggestion for your skill list: in my Star Hero/Star Wars game we use an Intellect skill called Combat Helmsman as the capital ship equivalent to combat pilot.