Babylon 5 Hero

Aroooo

Originally posted by Arthur

The Corbomite Maneuver

The commander of the alien ship was named Balok. The human officer who volunteered to stay on the Fesarius was Lt. Bailey. The drink served by Balok was called Troika.

Tranya. The drink was tranya.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by SleepyDrug

I just wanted to say very nice job.

What does the Hotshot Pilot talent do? And why is this not simply skill levels or combat pilot?

Suggestion for your skill list: in my Star Hero/Star Wars game we use an Intellect skill called Combat Helmsman as the capital ship equivalent to combat pilot.

First, thanks for the kudos.

Hot Shot Pilot is from Star Hero. Its a Talent that "...represents a character who's a naturally gifted or highly trained pilot." For 24 points it offers combat piloting bonuses and DCV bonuses to the vehicle's size. I listed it to represent it's an appropriate Talent to have in a B5 game (GM permitting of course). Stuff that I did not list in the skills or Talents/Perks lists I considered inappropriate for B5. Of course, thats just my opinon :)

As for Combat Helmsman, its an interesting idea. I plan on expandng the Transport Familiarities lists to deal with part of that. I'll post it to my group and see what they think.

Aroooo

Originally posted by SleepyDrug

Question: the Excalibur class Battleship isn't listed, or did I miss it?

You didn't miss it. Its not there. I was originally going to put it on a separate list for Excalibur ships, but changed my mind because that list was very short. I just have to add it back to the list. Thanks for catching that one.

Aroooo

Originally posted by Aroooo

You didn't miss it. Its not there. I was originally going to put it on a separate list for Excalibur ships, but changed my mind because that list was very short. I just have to add it back to the list. Thanks for catching that one.

I stand corrected. It is on the list... Its the Victory Class Heavy Destroyer, listed under the Interstellar Alliance. Sorry for the confusion. B5 Tech Manual data can be found here: http://www.b5tech.com/isa/excalibur/excalibur.html

Aroooo

• 2 weeks later...

April Update

Just an update...

I've got my ship database finally set up the way I want it, so I'm starting to crank out the ships! I've updated the Starfuries (some math errors, plus added some engine mods from TUV), plus added the crew shuttle - something for the Zephyr's to shoot at :) I've also added the Psi Corps Omega Starfury.

Ship page is here: http://www.aroooo.com/rpg_stuff/b5/ships.php

I'll be adding some updates to the other sections soon.

Aroooo

Guest C_Zeree

Have you thought about adding ship pics to the wrtie-ups? I'm sure there are millions floating around the web. It would definately aid visualization for some of the more obscure ships, like the Vree and Drazi.

Just a thought.

Very nice page layout.

Originally posted by C_Zeree

Have you thought about adding ship pics to the wrtie-ups? I'm sure there are millions floating around the web. It would definately aid visualization for some of the more obscure ships, like the Vree and Drazi.

Just a thought.

Very nice page layout.

Thanks for the compliment.

As to the first part, I'm waiting on word from the B5 Tech web site owner if I can use his graphics. If that falls through, I'll probably work something else into the site.

Aroooo

Originally posted by Space Cadet

Arooo, have you by any chance done a writeup ot the Badger

variant of the Starfury (a two-man version that had a rearward-

facing cockpit for a tail gunner, and was more of a variant for

the B5 Wars game than an actual "canon" ship from the show

itself)?

Yes. Its listed in the Earth Alliance section of the ships page, but here is the direct link:

http://www.aroooo.com/rpg_stuff/b5/ships/starfury_badger.html

As with all the other ships, its based on the tech specs listed at the B5 Tech web site (http://www.b5tech.com). Feel free to let me know what you think.

Aroooo

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arooo, have you by any chance done a writeup ot the Badger

variant of the Starfury (a two-man version that had a rearward-

facing cockpit for a tail gunner, and was more of a variant for

the B5 Wars game than an actual "canon" ship from the show

itself)?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, In the two-part eposode from the first season where the Hyperion Heavy Cruiser shows up at B5 and gets in a fight with an alien race that shows up to claim Epsilon 5 or what ever moon that is B5 is orbiting the Hyperions captian leaves his ship to fly over to the station in a Badger.

If you have it on tape or DVD check it out. They made a point of showing you a close-up of the rear of the fighter and there it is, rear cockpit and twin cannons.

I didnt catch it myself till I had seen the episode three or four times.

Oh, love the B5 Hero adaption by the way. Looking forward to the write-up of the Hyperion.

Update

I have just finished the first Minbari ship - the Nial Fighter. Have not playtested it 'in-house' yet, but it should be a good balance given the Minbari tech level and the B5 Tech web site.

http://www.aroooo.com/rpg_stuff/b5/ships.php

As always, feel free to let me know what you think.

Depending on how tomorrow goes, I may be able to get my psi rules up - but don't hold me to it :)

Aroooo

Originally posted by Aroooo

I stand corrected. It is on the list... Its the Victory Class Heavy Destroyer, listed under the Interstellar Alliance. Sorry for the confusion. B5 Tech Manual data can be found here: http://www.b5tech.com/isa/excalibur/excalibur.html

Aroooo

Dude, that site looks cool but you gotta take some of what he says with a handful of salt. I mean, yeah ok Whitestars are cool but no way in hell do they have more firepower than an Omega Destroyer.

I've also seen another site that claims that Whitestars carry Nials, but I've never seen it on the show. As far as I can tell, they carry Flyers, not Nials.

Originally posted by Shadowpup

Dude, that site looks cool but you gotta take some of what he says with a handful of salt. I mean, yeah ok Whitestars are cool but no way in hell do they have more firepower than an Omega Destroyer.

I've also seen another site that claims that Whitestars carry Nials, but I've never seen it on the show. As far as I can tell, they carry Flyers, not Nials.

Oh I do. I have some issues with their figures for flight times for the fighters. 2 hours for a Starfury. We know its at least 6 hours (life support), because B4 was 3 hours away. I fugure he means 'at full combat power/engine thrust' but won't quibble the small stuff with him :)

As for B5 Wars - never played it, although one of my FLGS's still has it...

Aroooo

OK, it looks like some clearing up has become necessary vis-a-vis

what White Stars are capable of carrying in terms of smaller

craft, and what they have been shown to carry on the show.

As far as Flyers go, these are probably the standard small craft

carried aboard a White Star for combat and recon purposes.

Because they are somewhat larger than a Nial, however, no

more than two would be carried.

Nials can also be carried aboard White Stars, as was shown in

one of the final episodes of the series (I can't remember the

title of the episode, but it was around the start of Lennier's

mission to discover who was responsible for attacks against

IA shipping. Lennier had been assigned to the White Star

Maria as part of his cover, and arrived in time to take

part in Ranger training exercises, one of which involved being

one of four Nial pilots on a fighter gunnery exercise). This

would most likely be a once-in-a-while situation, however, as

fighter craft are notoriously maintenance-intensive. On the

other hand, with the Drakh War in the later background of

the series, this might well become a standard loadout for the

White Stars in the future, especially since the Achilles' Heel

of the class is its vulnerability to massed fighter attacks.

Does this clear up things a bit for you?

Space Cadet :cool:

OK, it looks like some clearing up has become necessary vis-a-vis

what White Stars are capable of carrying in terms of smaller

craft,

*snip*

Does this clear up things a bit for you?

Space Cadet :cool:

No way....cool!

Must find out what episode it was. Gotta see that!

No way....cool!

Must find out what episode it was. Gotta see that!

Shadowpup, the particular episode you're looking for is Episode

#102, "Meditations on the Abyss". I just found it today on an

episode guide website for B5.

Hope this helps some.

Space Cadet :D