Hyperman R.I.P.

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement everyone. Today is the first chance I have had to be in front of a full size keyboard in over a week and it feels good!

I had a reoccurance of Melanoma cancer... this time in my brain. Probably a lucky break since the symptoms presented like a stroke. They've cut out the big/easy piece and have just done a hires/3d MRI of my brain stem so they can target with radiation next week. The next big hurdle is the results a PET scan of eveything else in a couple of weeks.

I am much better than just few days ago. The fine motor dexterity and strength of my right hand is the biggest issue right now. Typing this was good exercise.

I know I am not a frequent contributor to this part of the forum but you guys always put a smile on my face.

Be sure to have yourselves checked for skin cancer!!!

:)

HM

• 3 months later...

Well, after 2 rounds of brain radiation treatments my hair has thinned out considerably, my sense of taste/smell has been reduced and my eyesight and hearing have been affected asymmetrically (music always sounds partly out of tune now).  Thankfully my 10 finger typing is getting closer to being back to normal.  I still can't drive though and with my cancer drug regimen I don't see returning to work anytime soon.  Luckily I had upped my short term disability to the max 26 weeks.  Coincidentally the end of which happens to be when the lease is up on my apartment meaning I will soon be moving back with Mom.  And that means if/when I return to my job it will be working remotely since her home is nearly 40 miles away.  Cancer sucks.

HM

HM, I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties, both in terms of physical side effects as well as work/apartment related.  I hope the treatments are successful and that you're kicking cancer's a**.  (The disease, BTW, not the Hero Games board poster.)  And I hope the aforementioned difficulties are only temporary, and you're back to normal in no time.  (For a given level of "normal," that is -- this is the NGD after all.)

So, are you shooting for mentalist, or hoping a hyper-glandular response makes you into a brick, or what?

Dude, mentalists are evil.  I thought with a handle like "Hyper-Man" he'd go for speedster.  IIRC he wrote up a pretty kick-butt version of the Flash for 400 points.  And that way, his high-speed healing would keep future tumors from being able to form. 

Wasn't Hyper-Man a reality changer?

I didn't realize until you asked and I did a Google search that Hyper-Man was an actual DC comics character.  Apparently, he's basically a Superman analogue from another planet - same origin (infant sent from a dying planet to an Earth-like world with a yellow sun), same basic powers. 

I believe HM used Freakazoid! as his avatar for a while -- I think that character might have been a reality changer.  I know he was a sanity changer.  :winkgrin:

I didn't realize until you asked and I did a Google search that Hyper-Man was an actual DC comics character.  Apparently, he's basically a Superman analogue from another planet - same origin (infant sent from a dying planet to an Earth-like world with a yellow sun), same basic powers. 

I believe HM used Freakazoid! as his avatar for a while -- I think that character might have been a reality changer.  I know he was a sanity changer.  :winkgrin:

Don't forget Vartox the Hyper-man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vartox

HM