Cyberpunk/CyberHERO

Count Zero

Depends purely on how you want to define them for your game. If the cybernetics are detachable or disablable in a reasonable period of time without permanently harming the character, then they're Foci. If disabling or removing cybernetics would require major surgery (and BODY Damage to the character), then they're just the special effects of Powers.

As Powers they're essentially always available to the character, which can be limiting to some plots where you might want PCs to have to deal with impediments without their special abilities. As Foci cybernetics would probably be easier to repair and replace, not to mention giving the characters a cost break.

Originally posted by Count Zero

Not only cybernetics... they aren't really the tough part.

I was also trying to figure out how to do the Virtual Reality internet.

I was thinking either multi-form, duplication, or transdimensional travel.

Any ideas?

Later,

Jonathan

The HERO conversion notes for Mage: the Ascension at Surbrook's Stuff has write-ups for Virtual Reality-type powers for the Virtual Adepts tradition. There are three different ways for accessing Virtual Reality (the "Digital Web"), ranging from simply projecting one's senses into the internet to projecting one's entire physical existence.

Originally posted by Count Zero

Not only cybernetics... they aren't really the tough part.

I was also trying to figure out how to do the Virtual Reality internet.

I was thinking either multi-form, duplication, or transdimensional travel.

Any ideas?

Later,

Jonathan

I think the easiest way to obtain informations on this kind of campaign would be to get a copy of the old (4th) edition Cyber Hero on eBay or from some friend. The layout/graphics of that supplement were amusingly badm but the content was Ok. There were also a couple of character templates plus a chapter on cyberspace, including Black Ice programs etc.

• 3 weeks later...