A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

My Top Six Box Office Draws:thumbup:

(aka actors that will get me to see a movie I’m not even interested in)

1. Geoffrey Rush. This guy is probably my all time favorite. Magnificent.

2. Johnny Depp. Does this guy ever make a bad movie? If I could be anyone else, I’d want to be…Santa Claus. But Johnny Depp comes right after him.

3. Bill Murray. My idol.

4. Kevin Spacey. A brilliant actor and Chatsworth High School alum.

5. Morgan Freeman. The wise old man of modern cinema. Genuine class.

6. Jennifer Connolly. ‘Nuff said.

My Top Six Box Office Repulsors :thumbdown

(aka actors that will stop me from watching movies I’m actually interested in)

1. Nicole Kidman. I know I’m in the minority on this one, but I find her terribly annoying and untalented.

2. Angelina Jolie. The most overrated woman in Hollywood…?

3. Val Kilmer. Another Chatsworth alum, but one I’m not necessarily proud of. Liked the early stuff, but everything from The Saint on repulsive.

4. Charlie Sheen. Bringing new meaning to the words “talentless hack.â€

5. Leonardo DiCaprio. I don’t even know why, but I just don’t like him.

6. Jennifer Lopez. Not really fair, since I’ve never found one of her movies even slightly appealing. Still, a repulsor.

So today, Jenn and I placed cremains of two cats at Angel's Rest.

They were Miss Peaches, who crossed April 9, 1997 and Kimi, who crossed June 4, 2003.

They were in two different sites since neither cat was very social with other animals.

Peaches was placed with a garlic clove since she loved garlic. Should of put a few chile's in as well since she loved Thai food and could eat spicier than most I knew.

Kimi's cremains were put inside a butter carton, since she had a addiction to butter. If we left the butter on the counter, there would be a severe indentation on the top where she licked it. She'll be getting a nice butter dish as a marker.

It was a very nice service and it will be nice to have them in a place to visit instead of the top of a shelf, gathering dust.

Don't Weep for Me

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glint on snow.

I am the sun on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awake in morning's hush,

I am the swift, uplifting rush

of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand by my grave and cry,

I am not there;

I did not die.

- Mary Frye

So today' date=' Jenn and I placed cremains of two cats at Angel's Rest.

They were Miss Peaches, who crossed April 9, 1997 and Kimi, who crossed June 4, 2003.

They were in two different sites since neither cat was very social with other animals.

Peaches was placed with a garlic clove since she loved garlic. Should of put a few chile's in as well since she loved Thai food and could eat spicier than most I knew.

Kimi's cremains were put inside a butter carton, since she had a addiction to butter. If we left the butter on the counter, there would be a severe indentation on the top where she licked it. She'll be getting a nice butter dish as a marker.

It was a very nice service and it will be nice to have them in a place to visit instead of the top of a shelf, gathering dust.

Sorry to hear that... my condolences and best wishes to you and your lady. Pets always manage to get past my armor and bury themselves deep in my heart, so I aways take their deaths poorly.

Thought I'd share this with you...

Deidre's Lament, by Heather Alexander, from Inish'Allah

Short is the span of the mortal heart

Long is the length of grieving

Deep is the wound only time can heal

Shallow, the words of comforting

Sharp is the pain of the parting of souls

Dull is the mind of it's needing

Cool is the touch of Death's merciless hand

Hot are the tears of the weeping

Dark is the day when the news is first heard

Bright is the sun with it's passing

Brief is the crossing from life into death

Endless, the soul everlasting

Great is the loss of those left now behind

Small are the troubles of ordinary day

Tightly we hold to thy memory

Freely we wish thee upon thy way

Freely we wish thee upon thy way

Unpacking Day 1:

I found the coffee mugs and everything needed for the coffee pot. Caffeine addiction secure. :D I managed to get the huge bureau into the bedroom and after some discussion, Alice and I have figured out how get my bureau in as well.

The space saved in the living room, where the big bureau had been, gave me room to move some things out of the den. I was then able to move a bookshelf and get Alice's computer setup. This process created enough room to begin unpacking some boxes. I Now have access to bowls.

I went out to my car earlier and four ducks were siting in the lawn. It was surreal. When Alice got home from work, there were the four ducks. I took pictures. Herc has stopped hating us and Jeff has learned just how great this place is.

I went out to my car earlier and four ducks were siting in the lawn. It was surreal. When Alice got home from work, there were the four ducks. I took pictures. Herc has stopped hating us and Jeff has learned just how great this place is.

Do they like Sun Chips?

So I have a calender of Tigers in my cubicle. Turned to June and there is a little blurb about "The mother tiger will aggressiveley defend her offspring from predators..."

The accompanying picture has two baby tigers playing around their mother, the Tigress is looking into the camera like she is getting ready to eat the camera man.

Looking at this picture and thinking back on watching Crocodile Hunter I gotta give the camera men respect. They usually have to go before the host, or do difficult manuvuers while carrying their equipment. Kudos to those behind the camera.

I want a new game.

One that catches my imagination and keeps it.

One that I keep thinking about.

One that doesn't make me nervous about posting.

Or nervous about other players and their agendas.

One I have equal creative control without making the GM, or other players nervous.

I just want a new game.

wasn't this a song by Huey Lewis? Back in the 80s?

Charter Communications just sent me a nice little email informing me the date for my Internet installation has been pushed back exactly one week. I wonder, just exactly, how the hell I would have gotten this notification if I didn't have the ability to check my email at work.

We have an air conditioner in our wall! Yay! We still need an electrician to hook it up. Sigh. Sink in bathroom still leaks as well. And it all was promised to be done in the first week after we moved in the first week of May.

Tonight, I'm off to see Star Wars for the first time. It's been showing for the last two weeks. My prelimary expectations are 6.5/10.

One line that already has put me out of the film is "you were the chosen one!" WTF? Who wrote that crap pseudo-religious line. Seriously.

What will the ramifications of online communication/relationships be in the future? I made a lot of cool friends during my MU*ing days and recently found one of them here at HeroGames! Synchronicity is a pretty cool thing.

Still, I miss some of the other people still and wonder what they're doing.