A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Guest Black Lotus

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

My dad's great. Check out what he e-mailed me earlier tonight:

Ha ha ha!

That's classic. I'm a stickler for proper punctuation, myself. Therefore, I'd like to take this opportunity to recommend the book Eats(,) Shoots and Leaves to any interested parties.

"The customer is always right" was a phrase created by H. Gordon Selfridge. He owned a chain of stores that were eventually bought up and renamed John Lewis Partnership. The company still exists today. H. Gordon Selfridge is already dead, so you cannot kill the person who came up with the phrase. However, if someone does use the phrase on you, tell them that you don't work for John Lewis Partnership.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/106700.html

http://www.johnlewis.com/Shops/DSTemplate.aspx?Id=22

Huh, that's weird, I wonder if there's some problem with subscriptions, I didn't see anything for this thread yet there are other posts.

Anyway, I cleaned out the admin account spam, and by first letter of the subject, here's the messages from 5/3 very early AM, if not midnight, through about a half an hour ago:

A 294

B 73

C 212

D 370

E 47

F 125

G 116

H 155

I 158

J 15

K 7

L 75

M 126

N 97

O 54

P 173

Q 9

R 138

S 226

T 209

U 32

V 74

W 181

Y 134

Z 1

You know how that a lot of music acts from the 60s and 70s are reforming and going on sell out tours, here is one act I would not like to see reform for a current tour (2005): -- The Vienna Boys Choir ‘68.

Man, I'm tired. It's nothing acute--it's more like a series of small circumstances that have combined to create a perfect storm of fatigue. I've been cranking on the web site for two months now, the site that absolutely must be finished in two and a half weeks, and I've only been able to make progress by working six days a week (especially given the number of distractions in the office on any given workday). I pulled several allnighters, or at least extremely late nights, getting things at work set ahead of last week's trip to Seattle, which itself was less than restful--jet lag, and constant exposure to large amounts of loud family. The wife is quite pregnant now, which means she's always jumping out of bed to pee or deal with a sudden cramp; naturally I awaken at any such provocation. And, finally, it's summer--the sun comes up way early, and I'm programmed to awaken at a certain brightness level, so I couldn't sleep in even if I wanted to.

But, I suppose I should get used to it... it'll probably be like this for at least the next 18 years...

Guest Black Lotus

Yes, I believe the Hebrew pronunciation of Jesus is "Yeshua", as in YAY-schwa.

People can be dumb.

From the first post

I feel the need to spew random thoughts onto a public board from time to time so I thought I'd start up a thread to do it. Of course everyone else is welcome to spew here also--the only rule is that you cannot reply to someone else's post. Each post should have as little to do with the others as possible.

Why in the frizzle-frock do we do the things we do. Why do we do anything at all? In the end, it usually ends up biting you in the yassinine anyway. I work hard and do my best for me and those I feel responsible for. You have to do what you have to do.

But, in the end, it just isn't enough or not done, 'Just Right'. I'm sick of it.

Why in the **** do we do the things we do. Why do we do anything at all? In the end, it usually ends up biting you in the ass anyway. I work hard and do my best for me and those I feel responsible for. You have to do what you have to do.

But, in the end, it just isn't enough or not done, 'Just Right'. I'm sick of it.

Vector sum = 0.