A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Is it just me, or have we been having an inordinate number of trolls coming out of the woodwork the last couple of days? Or if not actual trolls, then newbies who come out of the gate "guns blazing" with strongly-held and rudely-expressed opinions on a variety of subjects, sometimes contraversial, and almost always some variation of "I hate the way HERO does xxxxxx."

Wild cheering. Code is on the verge of generating publishable numbers. Some of the time histories I produced look bizarre, but that's due to the preliminary data that I was given, and fixing that is upstream of me.

Now, off to go save my *** in an entirely different way: get movie tix, dinner reservations, and the rest of the present for my wife's birthday tomorrow evening.

About the weather...

it's funny how much people discuss the weather, particularly, as far as my observations go anyway, when they are geographically dispersed. People in HQ constantly ask about our weather, and we always seem to talk to people in South Carolina, though less than HQ, about their weather, too. Even aside from dramatic weather events as recently witnessed.

I guess it's because not just the weather but many of our attitudes on it are really universal. Not all attitudes, but lots of similarity, so it tends to be a unifying experience to discuss. I mean, even if people disagree on what weather they like, which is common, they have the same reference points and can relate in a general way.

I saw two peregrine falcons yesterday here in Seattle, chasing pigeons and doing other things. (For those in this area, this was on Magnolia, on W Galer about 28th.) I hadn't seen them in RL with my own eyes in an urban environment before, though they've been in the city for quite a while.

Dad and I had to visit an office today for some official business. Normally I hate lines, but there was only one person in line so I didn't mind. This girl had a nice body. Very tall, tight, curvy, wearing a baby doll type shirt so I could see her smooth tanned skin. Her black hair was done up in an eighties kind of pseudo ponytail thing. She sounded fairly young, probably in her mid twenties. Very cute, very pleasant.

Then she turned around.

I've often wondered what the Wicked Witch of the West might have looked like as a young woman. This was probably as close as could exist in reality. "Yikes" doesn't even begin to describe it. Her face was at least sixty years old with a long pointed nose, sharp jutting chin, lips curled back giving her an almost toothless look. I had to really fight the urge to jump backwards and scream. But I think I did stare. Fortunately, she didn't notice. When we left, Dad commented on her, too, so I know it wasn't just me. Brrrr.

I suspect my doctor is going to want to put me into therapy. I very much doubt that I have anything wrong with me other than anxiety when I leave the house. (My physical problems don't show up unless I have left the house and away from my "comfort zone" or so my counsler says).

This aggravates me to no end, because I know way to many people my age in therapy and wish there was a better way for teenagers to deal with their problems. What happened to dealing with your problems like normal people (no offense to anyone in therapy, when neeaded it is useful, but this is just getting silly).

What makes me even angrier is I've got a physical problem because of my anxiety and I can't figure out how to deal with it. I wish there was a better way to deal. :mad:

Isn't life thrilling......