A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Guest kawaii gin neko

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

there are some CRAZY people in the world...crazy like that lady on the street corner across the street from my house who screams at cars as they go by...

O.o oh my...

last night around 4:30 AM I awoke with one of the greatst of moral quadries, crap or puke. I managed to keep my dinner down for about 10 minutes to complete my other business and then all that I had for Dinner came up. I felt fine afterwards, swore never to eath that again and went back to bed.

Woke again at 6:00 and vomited again. And then repeated every three hour since. My co-worker had the same problem on Friday, I thought she was just hung over. However, I don't drink. So, I'm missing my D&D game and hoping to sit upright for next several hours that seems to help. I'm starving and dying of thirst, but I simply have been regurgitatin anything I drink so...RIght now I am holding half a glass of water and I think I am going to try some oragnge juice.

My Sympathy. Get well soon ! :)

1. The first rule about the Thread for Random Musings is you don't reply to the musing in this thread you do it in the Musings on Random Musings thread or the redux one that Super Squirrell

2. The second rule about the Thread for Random Musings is you don't reply to the musing in this thread you do it in the Musings on Random Musings thread or the redux one that Super Squirrell

3. The third rule about the Thread for Random Musings is that persistant offenders will have their knees mocked.

Perhaps one of the best photoshop contests I have seen in a long time on Fark

"In celebration of $500,000 in taxpayer money going to paint a fish on a plane, photoshop some other ideas for the government to paint on aircraft"

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=1698448

I slept really well last night, a lot of dreams.

In one dream, I was cleaning. Yet it was a GOOD dream.

See, I dreamt there was a piece of fiberglass or something, and it was all muddy and gross. I hosed it off, but it was still kinda grimy, so I lathered on soap, and had this feeling of peace as it rinsed off all clean and white and gleaming.

I woke up happy.

I've come to the conclusion that I don't want an "Ignore" list for board people. On an interesting thread, even dedicated trolls and pissants make useful, worthy-of-consideration comments with a pleasantly high frequency. No, what I want is an "Ignore" list for threads, so I don't peek into some of them more than once and find Dame Reason has already been dismembered and replaced piecewise by a not-exactly-full collection of decayed old parts back on Page 1. :mad: That way they wouldn't clutter up the result list when I click "New Posts".

And no, I'm not saying which ones.

Guest kawaii gin neko

why is jabba the hutt even a villian! he's stupid, slow, fat, grotesque and he can't hardly get anywhere without the aid of a forklift! why didn't anyone just pour salt on him before!

bah! movie logic!!!

Guest kawaii gin neko

^^ sorry for musing so much! but...

and why doesn't leia get a dang haircut! with a round little face like that, she should NOT wear those awful braids! brrr! >.<

I recently discovered that the project at which I work will almost definitely not be renewing the contract for our services next year because of an underhanded scheme to get $2m more from them. I can't tell anyone, because I'm not supposed to know.

I recently discovered that the bar at which my band plays most often is changing owners. A friend of mine is buying it, which is good. What's bad is that this friend doesn't get along with with female singer in our band, for reasons dating back to long before I joined the band (but had already become friends with the new owner). An already-too-long-story-short, the new owners will be 86ing the female singer beginning November 1st, when the transfer becomes official. Her husband is a bartender there and she can't go in. Our band plays there and she can't go in. This could hurt our band big time, and no one in the band knows this is going to happen but me.

I have several more stories of such things, including a friend's divorce, some things regarding local sheriffs, etc. A little more than the usual drama, I'm thinkin', when all taken in together, and I can't talk about hardly any of it.

I learned today that credit card companies charge vendors for keying in the card by hand, like if the magnetic strip won't work.

Considering they're the ones who control how strong that magnetic strip is, I see a lot of potential for abuse on this rule.

And I think I heard one of my co-workers call her supervisor 'Mom' today.