A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Guest kawaii gin neko

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

if there were competitions for "cutest half-abssynian cat with oversized ears that loves yogurt and is cuddly", my kitty, scout, would win. ^_^ hands down! ^^

Don't feel like going to practice today . . . But I'm damn well gonna make myself go! I need it, and I know it'll be really fun!

Stupid brain . . . It's the lack of daylight, I tell you. One of the reasons that depression is a virtual pandemic up here in the North, is the lack of sun during the winter . . .

I have a UPS because, esp. during the summer months when there's heavy power load, the older power lines and switching stations in this part of town often have momentary "glitches" -- just long enough to make the lights flicker, or kill your computer.

The UPS I have is good for approx. 5 minutes -- it's the biggest I could afford at the time I got it, and I've never needed it for longer than that.

Well, just about 10 minutes ago, we had a power outage that lasted just long enough to flat the UPS and kill my computer. Literally. The computer powered down after the power had been off for several minutes and the UPS ran dry -- but before the fans could spin down to a stop, the power came back on.

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I think that of all the poor decisions I've made in my life, the ones I regret the most are the ones I made out of fear. Why didn't I ask that girl out? Why didn't I try for a better college? And is it too late now for me to change, to actually take more risks with my life, now that I have all these crushing responsibilities?

Killed a black widow before leaving for work this morning. It was hangin' on the blinds in my dining room. I must've stared at it for a good two or three minutes before even getting something to scoop it up. Now, most spiders barely give me pause for thought, but the idea of a black widow being in my house somehow unnerved me the way no break-in and robbery ever could. I feel like I should move or I will constantly be looking over my shoulder, into corners, under things...I just feel so violated.

But man, dropping that black sumbich into the garbage disposal and flipping the switch was really quite satisfying.

One of the stranger things about having cats is realizing at random times just how social they are, despite the "aloof" schtick which is their trademark.

Cat #3 (he's young and feisty) came home late last night with an abcess on his lower jaw, so wife gave him field surgery while I held him in a bath sheet so she could work. (He had a big-*** nasty abcess on his chest a couple of months ago that needed a real vet's attention, insertion of an irrigating tube, and other stuff. This one on his face hopefully won't be in the same league.)

So, cat #3 is screaming while she's trying to drain, clean & disinfect.

Cats #1 and 2 (both now 7 years old, I think, rather large and pretty laid-back cats whom we sometimes refer to as the Doofus Brothers, though they are physically unrelated) wake up from wherever they had been sleeping and come out to the living room where this is going on. Both of them are clearly agitated, want to know what we are doing to poor little Cat #3, and clearly want whatever it is to stop. The psychic waves of "Mommy, Daddy, please stop doing that" were almost palpable.

Guest kawaii gin neko

why did i decide to write that stupid email to daddy when i KNEW i was going to end up crying in dispair and i have a dang interview today!!! WHY WHY WHY?!?!?