A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Guest kawaii gin neko

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

i need a new ringtone for daddy...

every time he calls, i get "the safety dance" stuck in my head for a whole day!

;_;

Y'know, I think I would hate annual performance reviews less if they didn't force us to write our own self-assessments ahead of time. At least this place's forms make some sense in that regard. My previous employer had forms that were utterly worthless for the poor slob trying to fill them out; they were clearly composed only with an eye toward making the person creating the form look good.

And at 11 pm I saw The Daily Show With Jon Stewart, with special guest Al Franken. At one point during Franken's political speechmaking, Stewart remarked that Al sounded a lot like a political candidate (Franken is mulling a run for the Senate seat in Minnesota). Actually the main things that indicate Franken's transformation into a politician here were: one, a pathological hatred of the right wing that even Stewart found noteworthy, and two, a complete lack of humor.

JG

I recently discovered my credit score is a little lower than I thought, but I also discovered my home increased in value about 30% in the one year I've owned it (maybe more--waiting on official appraisal).

I can only imagine how much it'd be worth if I actually mowed the lawn regularly.

Y'know, it consistently amazes me how posters that I like, whose opinions I respect, and whom I've repped on a number of occassions -- frequently wind up on opposite sides of emotionally-charged ideological debates.

Does that mean I'm wishy-washy and undecided (sympathizing with posters on both sides) or that there's actually merit to both sides of the case that the ideologically-stubborn won't acknowledge?

And I thought to myself, "Self?"

"Yeah?" Self replied

"What shall I randomly muse about today?"

And Self replied "Is it really randomly musing if you set down to do it and search for something to muse about instead of just letting it happen."

And I said, "Wow, that's deep."

"Not really" Self replied, "You're just easily impressed with your Self."

And I realized it was true.

Guest kawaii gin neko

why is g4 going the way of mtv???

what does the whip set, fastlane, and the man show have to do with videogames???

;_; noooooo!!!!

mtv is the darth vader of tv.

After two work performance reviews, one on last monday, the other two weeks before that I have a meeting tomorrow with the CEO and my Manager.

I reckon they will offer 2 things: resign or they will terminate me, or offer me something at a lower level if available.

anyway, prayers, well wishes, anything welcome.