A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

There are certain warning signs, in every field, pursuit, or situation, that let you know you've made / are about to make a major mistake, and should fall back and seriously reconsider your stance / course / goal or whatever.

Around here, one of those is Hermit, of all people, taking an active, serious part in a discussion that's turned political, and telling you (in so many words) that you're off kilter.

Then again, there are drivers who somehow seem absolutely certain that road warning signs like "Bridge Out Ahead" just don't apply to them...

BTW, folks, tonight is a close approach of Mars to Earth. Not as close as the one a couple of years ago, but still a good one. If you have clear skies late this evening, look east. It's the bright yellowish-orangish "star".

Guest kawaii gin neko

I GOT A JOB! FINALLY!

woot! ^^

i am now OFFICIALLY a group leader for the afterschool program at the ymca! free gym membership, baby! YE-AH!!!

I just finished wading thru the on-line voter information and figured out what to mark on my ballot. I'll do that this evening and mail it off, short-circuiting all those asinine political ads that come in the last week before election day.

I love kicking marketers in the crotch.

To the tune of "O Christmas Tree":

O Yog Sothoth, O Yog Sothoth,

We worship you, O Yog Sothoth.

Who's Santa Claus, who's Jesus Christ?

We worship Yog 'cause he's not nice.

We'll celebrate with some stray dog,

Which we'll carve up and serve to Yog.

O Yog Sothoth, O Yog Sothoth...

We beg you, do not eat us.

There. It's stopped running around in circles in my head now.

I like my boss and all - I've certainly had worse bosses - but why, oh why does he have to scedule my courses, meetings and lectures on my days off?!

-

My brother phoned earlier, telling me that he'd been to the emergency psychiatric clinic. He's been feeling not at all well for a long, long time, and was today diagnosed with a depression. He immediately got some prescription drugs and an appointment for a return visit, and when I talked to him he said he was feeling so much better that he could even remember.

This depression of his has been pretty obvious to us all, his family and friends, and it's good to hear that he's feeling better. I've been home to Pite to see him as much as I've could, and I talk to him at least once a week over the phone.

Anther thing that might perk him up: He and the band (including another brother, the youngest) are now on their way down to a demo festival in Hultsfred, Småland. They are among thirty unsigned bands specially invited from all over the country, so cudos and good luck to the boys!

I really like many of the signature lines of folks here, because they can, at times, give unforeseen juxtapositions that are Funny As Hell. Old Man's is one of my favorites, because of things like this:

It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen on TV.

...and that's when the destruction began.

My own is rather limp-wristed in that regard, but I find it a useful reminder.

With my current rep power, I can imagine an audible "THWACK!" every time I hit someone with the rep stick.

And it's REALLY fun to refresh the page and see most people's rep jump by a point after I've whacked 'em.

I, however, have gotten ornery again, and am having a harder and harder time finding repworthy posts. I hate it when that happens. :(

I got an email yesterday that amused me once I figured out what was going on.

Subject: Message board musings.

Body: Satan is not pleased.

I did a google search for "asheayers" and only one link came up in google:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16267

I'm having trouble drawing a superpowered Firefighter.

This is what I've Got. It doesn't flow. I'm thinking that they have a cloak layer on firefighter jackets don't they? Maybe it needs to be longer. eh...Any Hero artists want to critique? Go for it. Be aware though, I know of my horrible horrible feet.

attachment.php?attachmentid=19445&d=1130573994