A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Over the past weekend, my daughter wet the bed. She turned 6 in August and this was a pretty strange occurence. I've been separated from her mother since before Hannah was born (and yes I am here biological father). But, I have Hannah at least once a week and sometimes 3 days/nights.

Anyway, she stopped wetting the bed years ago and her mother hadn't mentioned anything about it. I found out on Saturday, when I took Hannah back home that the bed-wetting wasn't a single anomaly. It had been happening for a week or so fairly regularly.

My wife (Hannah's step-mother, Heidi) immediately was peeved when she found out I wasn't warned about this. The more we thought about it, the more we realized how strange it was. Hannah has two younger half-siblings now and has experienced more regression than I like to ponder. I atributed the bed-wetting to that. Heidi on the other hand wondered if it wasn't a bladder infection.

I immediately called the ex to have her take Hannah to the doctor. Well, I found out today it isn't a bladder infection. Instead, it is likely that Hannah has diabetes.

She weighs 95 lbs and I've went round and round with her mother about her diet and hygeine. It's heart-rending to learn that her abuse (IMO) has lead to Hannah having diabetes, now...

I guess that's all I have to say about it for now. I'm really lost and broken by the whole thing.

Guest kawaii gin neko

neko: what's your favorite season?

kindergardener: faaaaaaaaaaaall. ((it was said just like that ^^))

neko: really? its my favorite, too.

kindergardener: i like it when a leaf hits my cheek...they named fall that because of the leaves falling, you know.

neko: oh? i did not know that.

kindergardener: well, its true. you're a grown-up, you should know that.

^__________^ SHE IS SO CUTE!!!

Guest kawaii gin neko

i finally feel like we're really settled into our apartment, now that everything is where i want it. ^_^ FINALLY! ((even though we moved in here in april...))

I wish I had more time for the boards. Been too busy, and been able to prioriitize the boards lower (which is good, as the other stuff is more important, although that's not to imply my priorities otherwise are as well-developed as they should be, I should be spending more time on work-work instead of hobby-work).

I went to a good pay scale today to weigh myself. I lost some weight when I first moved to Canadia, but I hadn't checked in months. I've been feeling really fat lately, so I decide to see how much I'd gained back. The result: I lost another twenty lbs. :eek: That means that since I moved to Canada in in January I have lost forty pounds! :rockon:

To celebrate I had a bucket of lard for lunch :celebrate

For some strange reason the posters in this forum has decided that all answers to the induvidual musings should go in the "musing on random musings" tread.

I wonder if St Barbera knew that?

Probably not..

Muses ! Don't talk to me about Muses ! I've got Terpsichore stomping around the loungeroom, Calliope hogging the bathroom making odes in the shower and Zues only knows what the rest of them are up to in the kitchen ! Girls i'm gonna tell your father on you ! I MEAN it this time !

Damn. Out of memory. And I'm quite confident (now that I encounter the situation and think about it) that it's not a leak, just too much data, about 15% of the way through the run.

Guess I'd better be more thoughtful about how I do things.

I really hope that if we do lose internet access at work, that there is an easy backdoor to it. I can survive a third shift without internet access easily enough. I'll probably even be able to still use my USB Jump Drive and work on character write-ups and Digital Hero Articles too. But I find browsing here and running around on Kingdom of Loathing and things like that are really good ways to reduce my stress level. And some of those customers are really good at giving me a stress level in the first place.

Guest kawaii gin neko

frienship bracelets shouldn't be so hard to make...its annoying. when the grown-ups can't do it, how can they expect children to??

"The Tangency Open take on America and Europe is just freakin' weird, man. It's like its own little isolated biosystem, impossible to achieve outside of the glass case of the Internet and the hermetic seal of the RPG.net registration process."

-Eric Brennan, RPG.net moderator

Guest kawaii gin neko

how is it that i can now buy everything i want and need all on $50 when back in the day, we always spent over $200 at the grocery store???