A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Game Day Saturday.

The teenage kid Gageteer with killer toys and a killer hot dog stand, who was supposed to be the comic relief, took us four separate fights, a big sky chase, and all three of us, to beat.

The Uber-mega Villain Chinese Vampire whom OddHat KNEW could take us all on and whose first blow put our Shape-Shifter into 1.5 times negative stun and negative body, was knocked out in JUST THREE PUNCHES. He made the Martial Artist MAD.

OddHat is not amused. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My brother got evicted saturday. Seems as thought his depression got so severe, he couldn't even pay his bills. :(

Of course I offered him to stay here if he wants to, but he got that offer from our parents and both of our other brothers. He'll probably stay at the folks' place, but since they will most likely soon sell the house and move to a smaller apartment (after thirty-one years in the same house!), that comlicates things a bit . . .

He told no one of the eviction until a few days until he had to be out of the place, and this weekend the band members helped him clear out.

On a positive note, I think that it was the eviction that actually made him go to the emergency psychiatric clinic; a kinda harsh wake-up call, but he says that he feels better now, with the medication and all, than he has felt for a long time.

I love my bro.

My brother got evicted saturday. Seems as thought his depression got so severe, he couldn't even pay his bills. :(

Of course I offered him to stay here if he wants to, but he got that offer from our parents and both of our other brothers. He'll probably stay at the folks' place, but since they will most likely soon sell the house and move to a smaller apartment (after thirty-one years in the same house!), that comlicates things a bit . . .

He told no one of the eviction until a few days until he had to be out of the place, and this weekend the band members helped him clear out.

On a positive note, I think that it was the eviction that actually made him go to the emergency psychiatric clinic; a kinda harsh wake-up call, but he says that he feels better now, with the medication and all, than he has felt for a long time.

I love my bro.

You are a good brother, L.Marcus.:thumbup:

I hate admitting that Killer Shrike was right way back in the day, but I find that the more I contribute quality posts to the boards, the less rep I get. Take for example the Valdorian Age Sorcerer's Task thread. I've given up over 600 rep points to people for contributing to that thread. I've gotten no reputation for maintaining the list.

Reputation is Meaningless. However, I feel sorry for people like RPMiller and Killer Shrike who make a ton of contributions that go unrecognized.

Guest kawaii gin neko

neko to child: get back on this side of the fence! what are you thinking!?

child to neko: i was just...

neko to child: i am not going to argue with you from here!

child to no one in particular: *mumble mumble mumble*

^^

Apparently on this week's RAW Kurt Angle told the higher-ups to crackdown on anybody who said he sucked, including the traditional crowd chant. So when he came out, the sound bleeped out every time the crowd chanted "YOU SUCK" except it came on the "YOU" and ended before the "SUCK."

Another case of censorship not working quite as intended....

JG

I'm tired of working with whiners and *****ers. Just do your damn job and leave me alone. I don't give a rats *** that you think yow were screwed in your review. Perhaps, prima donna, if you didn't spend your entire day calling your friends in the company and *****ing about every little thing that doesn't go your way.

And you! Good god! You are a bank teller, you're not the boss and you certainly ain't that customer's mother so shut up and do your job without trying to fulfil some horrid dominatrix fantasy you have.

AND EVERYONE SHUT UP AND LET ME DO MY FRICKIN" JOB!

and then I come home to blissful silence.

How's everyone doing tonight?

No matter what I do with the rest of my life, I think I've long known my calling. Class Clown. I'm no stand up comic, no great comedic actor, writer, lyracist. I'm witty enough for a few seconds and can keep my co-workers giggling, I like it. When it happens I am happy, I am validated. I don't even care that I hate my job, as long as I can regularly make someone laugh I am cool.

I knew it in high school.

I forgot it in college.

I remembered it in my jobs. I handle stress by cracking wise. I will shuck my mortal coil with a joke. I love this place with all my cyber audience.

"He Tall"

:lol:

Thanks to those who laugh at my jokes (and not merely at me).