A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Ok, I'm turning off the computer, packing it up, and hitting the road. I'll be gone for several days, so wish me luck. :)

And I will be very upset if the Spidey vs. Firelord thing is over when I get back. :mad: Keep that thing going if you have to bring someone's mother into it! We have to beat Takofenes vs. Destroyer :thumbup:

I left a little parting gift in the NGD Art Thread. :whistle:

No matter what anyone else says, my top priority as soon as this stupid manuscript is done is to finish the automation and logging on this code. I've done too many things three times because of "minor" f-cups in the inputs.

No, that's my second priority. My first one is catching up on sleep.

On the drive home from work I was rear ended at low velocity (no damage). But now, an hour later, my shoulder blade is showing signs of tightening up. The same shoulder blade I've always had problems with. (At the time I told the guy to have a good day and bid him farewell, may he drive safer.)

Mental note: add extra set of shoulder exercises on Saturday when I work those muscles. Add set of stretching exercises to today's exercises before working my legs.

Office hours the first week of the term are pretty much a waste of time, but you gotta be there just in case. It does give me a few minutes to peek into the boards, so it isn't a complete waste. I'd sleep, if there was any chance whatsoever of me waking up in time for class. It is extremely poor form for the instructor to sleep through lecture.

I just don't like much of any of the anime stuff I've seen. Little bits and pieces. But not the stuff on Cartoon Network. Blech. And I don't really get it. I don't see the appeal. I don't question it or the people who are interested, after all, it's clearly real and I know plenty of people with respectable opinions and tastes on the matter. But I don't see it.

Just listening to these:

"these are the girls

of the USA!

the principle girls

of the USA!

can you name, name, name 'em today?"

"No blind spots

in the leopard's eyes

can only help

to jeopardize

the lives of lambs

the shepherd cries"

The first one's easy...the second one not so. No fair searching...

Weirdness at work today. An elderly lady buys a cup of coffee, then looks at me with glazed eyes and in a slow monotonous drone says: "I am Countess Maria von Falkenberg, wife of the esteemed Marquis Alessandro Grimaldi. You have been very kind... I'll tell my husband to visit this cafe and leave a one million euro tip".

So, here I am, waiting for this Marquis. If you don't hear about me for a few weeks, know that I've been busy spending my humungous tip on some faraway Carribean island.

Can anyone confirm if these are the first 12 posters to ascend? And are they in order of on ascension? ([joke] as apposed to descending order [/joke] :D )

Dr. Anomaly

OddHat

Enforcer84

Super Squirrel

Hermit

AliceTheOwl

Susano

zornwil

keyes_bill

Trebuchet

Mentor

Old Man