A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

I have been bitten by the write up bug big time.

Let's see the JLA, JSA, maybe the Titans, Avengers, X-Men? Nah, I hate them.

Emotional Archetypes,

The Knights of Razrial

I haven't even unzipped the USPDII, TEEN CHAMPIONS, Galactic Champions, or Ultimate metamorph HD sets...

Too much HERO goodness... maybe I'll call in sick on monday.

okay, the second USDB is in a different format from the first. I can't Deal.

I think someday soon I will distill my HD files for the USDB 1&2, Ultimate Brick, Ultimate Metamorph and what ever other Ultimate books I get into one all inclusive set of files.

When will I do this? I'm thinking I'll start wednesday...

Scary...

Reading these boards at home, with your 9-year-old daughter on your lap, gives you a very different perspective. Avatars, which always matter, take on entire new meanings. Darren's "You make kitty scared" avatar is the hands-down all-time fave, followed by White Heat's penguin pratfall. And, I must have heard "Oh, that's ______ from ________" (character name I never heard of from cartoon I had never heard of either) 6 or 8 times.

{Edit: she also really liked the Technical Difficulties card.}

Of course, I did NOT tell her what my handle was (and she didn't pick up on the "Welcome, Cancer" at the top of each page). It's very interesting to hear her guesses, based almost entirely on the avatar images.

I'll have to do that little exercise once every few months from here on out.

I think the original single of "Jocko Homo" was a lot better than the album version.

Anyway, I wonder if there's anyone who believes in Intelligent Design and Devolution!? :nonp:

"God made man

but he used a monkey to do it

apes in the plan

and we're all here to prove it!"

PS - Devo is a band I've ended up appreciating more over time. Fairly brilliant in their earlier years.

Yesterday, I put the gerbil ball in the cage, and one gerbil climbed right in. So I put her on the kitchen floor.

The cats were quite interested in the rodent-in-a-ball, and clustered around it, watching intently.

Until the gerbil barreled toward them and thwacked into them. They then followed at a safe distance, watching warily and ready to jump out of the way if the gerbil went for them again.

It was REALLY funny to watch.

Another item from the 9-year-old daughter ...

Skipping through the house, straddling, hobby-horse style, a busted-up wrapping paper tube that's turned into a 5-foot wiggly tape helix ...

... and saying "I'm riding the python."

:nonp:

Bit my tongue hard. It isn't gonna be an easy few years....

So today our satellite TV Tech Support team got to see a short movie about the new HD receivers the company is selling. The High Definition technology includes signal compression (somewhat like a zip file) and a new satellite dish to cover two new satellite degree locations.

And the voice over said, "Installing this equipment will be more complicated than the earlier HD dishes. However, your technicians will all be completely briefed and trained in setting up the new equipment."

Oh, we all had a good laugh at that one.

JG

Guest Suleyman Rashid

My very Caucasian neighbor has a teenaged boy (around 15) who seems to be playing a game called "How black can I be without actually having my skin permanently dyed brown". I want to tell him that he's pathetic, but I'm not sure how to go about it.