A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

"I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave." The words are from the Goblin King in Labyrinth....

Yet every once in awhile, I swear I hear the same thing, not in the same words natch, from government and corporate figures.

(And now the Waltz)

He will never be free

Yeah, he'll always want you

He'll always need you

We lay there, your long hair was warm

The last night together, we made love until dawn

My nights on the town made you cry

Let's make love one more time, before I say goodbye

C'est la vie

Ooh cherie

C'est la vie

Another time - another place - ooh

We'll be together again - you never leave me, baby

Another time - another place -ooh

We'll start all over again

We talked of the fun, oh, we'd had

Remember the good times - we remembered the bad

My two timing ways made you low

Let's make love one more time before I have to go

C'est la vie

Ooh cherie

C'est la vie

He will never be free - never never

Yeah, he'll always want you - I'll always want you

He'll always need you - I'll always need you

Another time - another place - ooh

We'll be together again - yeah

Another time - another place

We'll start all over again

C'est la vie

Ooh cherie

C'est la vie

Ooh cherie

C'est la vieeeeah!

He will never be free - he'll never can

Yeah, he'll always want you - I'll always want you

He'll always need you - I'll always need you

He'll always need you - I'll always want you - wouwouwouwou!

Music by Slade

yearning for Jenny.

Dan Savage:

"For future reference, HH, the next time you want an advice columnist's full attention -- when you want him to, say, stop beating off about a three-way with Saturday Night Live's Andy Samberg and Daniel V. from Project Runway and focus instead like a laser beam on your problems -- you might not want to open your letter with an insult such as, "I generally don't agree with the advice you give but I need help." If you were being assaulted would you call 911 and scream, "F the pigs!"?"

[Please Note: This applies equally well when you're calling Tech Support. :eg: ]

jg

Good friend of a good friend died suddenly of a cerebral aneurysm couple days ago. He was younger than I am (though he married younger, so his son is a freshman in college now). Career US State Department man. I got a lot very interesting insight onto foreign affairs from him, albeit indirectly. I can't say I knew him at all; I think I met him once, that's it. But it's damned unnerving to find myself gradually but definitely ascending what I used to think of as the far end of the "bathtub" mortality curve, and people in my age cohort struck down in random ways.

Sometimes, in the midst of the darkness, there is an amazing light. Last Wednesday at Amona I watched a man step out in front of a horse whose rider was spurring it full on it into a group of teenage girls who were sitting on the ground. He stood his ground as the horse came on and refused to budge. At the last moment the horse rebelled and tried to go over him. He was knocked to the ground and kicked in the head, but the rider almost lost control of the horse and the girls were able to evade their fate. He stood his ground and let himself be ridden down for the sake of others. I respected this man before that - now I think he's the bravest man I have ever met. And the strange thing is: he's a politician. Hows that for breaking stereotypes?

The Silent Thank You to our Troops commercial from Super Bowl halftime by Anhauser-Busch is painful for me to watch. I didn't watch the game, but my Dad sent it to me last week. I downloaded it and have seen it twice. I find it so sad I cry when I watch it. OddHat can't stand to see me cry, so when I showed it to him and started crying he immediately stuffed a cupcake into my mouth and made me Google funny kitten pictures. I don't know why I find it so sad, but I do. Maybe because we thank them profusely and hail them as Heroes, but pay them like Chumps. :hush: