A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

"You know what's great fun to do if you're on, say, a flight from Chicago to New York and you're getting a little bored? Why not play being President Ahmadinejad? Stand up and yell in a loud voice, "I've got a bomb!" Next thing you know the air marshal will be telling people, "It's OK, folks. Nothing to worry about. He hasn't got a bomb." And then the second marshal would say, "And even if he did have a bomb it's highly unlikely he'd ever use it." And then you threaten to kill the two Jews in row 12 and the stewardess says, "Relax, everyone. That's just a harmless rhetorical flourish." And then a group of passengers in rows 4 to 7 point out, "Yes, but it's entirely reasonable of him to have a bomb given the threatening behavior of the marshals and the cabin crew."

-Mark Steyn, Chicago Sun-Times

"Castration cannot be regarded as safe or sane, and even if someone consents to it- heck, even if they beg for it- castration is so extreme that consent has to be regarded as evidence of an unsound mind, and therefore incapable of giving his consent, at least until a qualified shrink and a licensed doc determine otherwise. (Dr. Phil doesn't count- he's never met an American male that he didn't want to see castrated.)"

-Dan Savage

I don't post for four days and no-one starts a 'Where's Death Tribble ?' thread.

Come Sunday I won't be around for two weeks so what happens then.

Thursday I saw The Inside Man and Lucky Number Sleven.

The former had Jodie Foster exuding sex appeal which is a real turn up for the books. Good films as well.

*wonders what happened to all the people who said they enjoyed reading her Valdorian Age scribblings, and who wanted to read more*

Hm.

Yes, I do still appreciate that you're reading, ghost-angel. I'm just wondering, is all. Is it worth it for me to take that extra step to link them here?

(This isn't exactly random; it was triggered by some chatter about Languages in the TUS Forum...)

It would be amusing to discover that a new spate of indecipherable gang-tagging was all done in Linear A. Might even be a game item there.