A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

I am now convinced they have a test on wheel of fortune and if your IQ is above freezing...you can't go on.

Perhaps that's a little harsh but I just watched a guy have this puzzle:

Mutual

Admiration

&

Audobon

So_iet_

he had the board, all the vowels, a 10k bonus piece and he guessed "G"...

:eek::idjit:

I'm afraid I don't understand politics at all. Every Republican in Washington cirlced the wagons around the administration in 04, now it seems that every conservative in the damn nation is writing a book about how Bush and his team have screwed up everything.

Why?

Have they "seen the light"?

Are they trying to distance themselves from Bush for the midterm and 08 elections?

Is Bush's lame duck status enough for them to feel safe to speak their minds?

I have lost a great deal of faith in our elected officials. To me every single one of them is merely bucking for reelection from the moment they celebrate thier initial election. Neither of the two parties has what's best for me or my country on their minds. They want to stay employed by lobbyists at all costs.

oh well. There's always the purity of professional sports...

A new first for me in the realm of idiotic behaviour and modern communications occurred last night hauling my booth to the club.

I almost hit a motorcyclist who was driving VERY erratically.

After I averted the accident, I went to distance myself from his bike, and saw WHY he was driving erratically.

He was texting on his phone.

I sometimes REALLY miss the good ole days when you had to be at a stationary land line to talk to people or check for messages.

I managed to dislocate my right shoulder earlier today. Those sorts of things aren't infrequent, due to the condition my joints in general are in. It had been a while since it had happened, though, and the shock caught me a bit off-guard. Fortunately I've gotten very good at putting them back in place by myself, and like riding a bicycle, that evidently isn't a skill you forget.

As such things go, this one wasn't all that bad...as evidenced by the fact I can still type, if I'm careful. (The worst ones leave my whole arm nerveless and with absolutely no strength, all the way to my fingertips.)

Now, however, I'm being reminded of the old dilema: the more I favor that arm and shoulder (and try not to use it for anything) the more stiff (and sore) it gets. The more I try and keep moving it around, though, to stave off the stiffening up, the more it twinges and the greater the risk I'll dislocate it again before the tissues have had a chance to get over being hyperextended, and extend my recovery time.

(sigh)

:(

Apparently my school's alumni office keeps calling my parents, harassing them for my forwarding information.

I sent them an e-mail. I identified myself, then wrote: "I understand you're looking for us. Please stop harassing my parents."

somewhere, someone named Carl has scrap metal from either the Pentagon,

or the World Trade Center, and their smithing buddy forged it into a

cutlass for them.

and Carl's going to sign up with one of those mercenary

contractors, and go over to Iraq or Iran and kill muslims with it.