A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Ok check out this bit of WTF.

Monster Energy Drinks. kinda gross. But they have a flavor they call "Khaos" - Energy Juice.

70% Juice to be exact.

Minute Maid typical "juice" - 15%

Ocean Spray typical "juice" - 10%

Ok kiddies, when my caffeinated beverage has MORE Juice than "Juice Drinks" it's time to stop and reasses just WTF we're ingesting. Because those so called jucies you find in the juice aisle... they aren't juice.

ugh.

Some years back I am in the queue for the bus at Victoria Station and I saw Lane Smith who played the editor in Lois and Clark happily walking around the crowds in London.

Well yesterday a similar thing happened. It is the season when the American TV series are on holiday so the actors can disappear into the ether and in some cases become anonymous. I am in town (London) near the British museum doing a comic run and getting gaming stuff. I see a guy ahead of me. The brain clicks into gear and hits recognition software. Who is it ? Average height. Male. Wrong side of the 40s. Out on the street on his own dressed all in black. DING ! It's Jim Brass from CSI aka Paul Guillfoyle. He looked in my direction. I mouth while pointing at him 'Paul Guillfoyle ?' He smiles and said 'Yeah, Hi'. And with that I leave him alone to wander in anonymity in London.

View Above the Clouds

oh, in the heat of the night, when things aint goin right, you will remember me...

255923.jpg

I came along to see your face, But the only thing I got from you,

Was telling me it’s fantasy, That you would always be with me,

I can tell you that it’s true I’m waiting here,

But it’s alright It’s alright with me,

You better believe me now.

I guess it’s like a mountain side, You gotta climb it to the top,

Floating in a sea of dreams The only thing that you can see

Is the view above the clouds. I’m waiting here,

But it’s alright, Still it’s alright with me,

You better believe me now.

I don't want to look for the "Recruiters v Protesters" thread and I certainly don't want to start a new one, but I read in the Oregonian yesterday that some kid with autism was recruited and apparently signed up with the army. His parents, who admitedly didnt' try to stop it because they figured once his autism was discovered that would be the end of that, were surprised and none to pleased about the outcome.

Interesting read.

DammitdammitDAMMIT!! Three days without internet access because the people I'm staying with somehow neglected to pay the bill. I'm trying to be calm, I've been without net before and school is over after all. But I'm trying to do some time sensitive job search stuff dammit! Dammitdammitdammit!! :mad:

Now i've got a ton of catching up to do...Oh, hello again.

Eye have a spelling chequer

It came with my pea sea

It plainly marques four my revue

Miss steaks eye can knot sea.

Eye strike a quay and type a word

And weight four it two say

Weather eye am wrong oar write

It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid

It nose bee fore two long

And eye can put the error rite

Its really ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it

I am shore your pleased two no

Its letter perfect in it's weigh

My chequer tolled me sew.

rare followup to random musing:

Autistic young man has been released of his Army obligation. Saber rattling about "Full investigation"...Front page story. Making a deal out of having his signed up as a cavalry scout.

Interesting. It sounds like someone got a bit desparate for a recruit.

Again, I think the parents should have had a more hands on response rather than "Oh nothing will come of it once they see he is autistic...."

Apparently the recruiter in question hid the boy's autism from his superiors so they would sign him up? That's down right scary.